Everyone who's getting "Not Enough Memory" on ITunes when Jailbreaking read here!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by emiliot, Jun 9, 2009.

1. emiliot

emiliot New Member

Hello there,
    i hope this thread will be sticked since ive lost something like 5 hours trying to find a solution to this problem.

I'm referring on a Quickfreedom procedure done on a fresh purchased Ipod Touch 2g with firmware 2.2.1.

My problem was that i was unable to flash the custom firmware from ITunes after the pre jailbreak step of QuickFreedom (the one that turns the Ipod in recovery mode from DFU and the screen goes white).

The error ITunes gave me was something like "The iPod software update server could not be contacted. There is not enough memory available."

This issue is network related. ITunes cant connect back to apple for some reason, in my case it was because i was at work and i didnt properly configured proxy under internet explorer settings (i guess ITunes gets proxy config from internet explorer settings, i use firefox all the time so i had IE misconfigured), once i configured it ITunes was able to connect back to apple and the error disappeared and i was finally able to restore the Ipod using the Custom Firmware file!

So please check whatever proxy, firewall and such problem you could have when ITunes gives this error. The key is the network.

Cheers
  2. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Just try to jailbreak with redsn0w 0.3. It is a lot simpler and safer than QuickFreedom. Use the links in my signature to download it and run it.
  3. emiliot

emiliot New Member

Well, i've finally done it so i don't need anymore, i would just like to help other ppl out that have my issue.
  4. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Yea, but people should just use redsn0w 0.3 because it is official, faster, and safer.
  5. emiliot

emiliot New Member

So ive done it wrong? I mean, will my jailbroken Ipod have problems? I Should reflash original one and go with redsn0w instead?
  6. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

You should re-jailbreak with redsn0w 0.3.

1. If doesn't erase anything.
    2. It takes 5 minutes.
    3. It installs Cydia, but NO Installer or Icy.
    4. It is and OFFICIAL dev-team release.