Every Time My iPod Is On Sleep Mode I Lose Battery Power??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by itouchmyitouch37, Nov 26, 2008.

1. itouchmyitouch37

itouchmyitouch37 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, so I charged my iPod up to 32% power yesterday, and I just got home and it is off, instead of in sleep mode. I turn it on, and it says that I have less then 10% remaining. What is wrong? Its only been in sleep mode for about when I went to sleep and when I got home from school.
  2. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Whenever you turn your iPod off and then on, you lose ALOT of battery, thats why you always should just leave it in Sleep Mode. I havent actually turned my iPod completely off in months...
  3. itouchmyitouch37

Device:
    iPod touch
    It wasn't off, it was in sleep mode. It somehow changed to off, I think because the loss of battery power. I just want to know why I am losing that much so fast.
  4. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    this sorta has been happening to me lately too. i fully charge it, then unplug it, 30 mins later without ever even taking it out of sleep mode its at like 45%! i never turn it off all the way and this is really wierd. i wonder if its our ipods? is this happening to everyone?
  5. itouchmyitouch37

Device:
    iPod touch
    It could be backgrounded apps too. I resprung, I am charging now to see what happens...
  6. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Had the same problem, make sure its not around other electronics, and also make sure you dont have ssh on.when i had this problem all i did was made sure ssh was completely off, and uninstalled.
  7. eraserhead

eraserhead New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I have the same problem, and this is what I have found.

If I am at the lockscreen and go into sleep the device does not make a "click" sound. This is when the battery continues to run down. I no longer put it in sleep mode from the lockscreen, I will unlock and go to springboard to sleep. When I do this I hear the "click".

Basically my experience has been if you do not hear the "click" when putting it to sleep, it never really goes to sleep and your battery will be dead by morning. If for some reason I don't hear a "click" I try it again to be sure.

This started happening to me after upgrading to FW 2.1...it was never an issue when I was on 1.1.4.
  8. itouchmyitouch37

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thank you for your response. I never had the problem on 1.1.X either, so we are in the same position. I will try that. Thanks again in advance.

EDIT: I just realized, you can't here the "click" when you put it into sleep mode when on the lock screen. I might have done that.
  9. Jds Dragon

Jds Dragon New Member

this happened too me to i got my iPod yesterday and i pluged it in and a few hours later it said to was fully charged and i took it out and played with it for two hours and a message said that the battery was about to run out!

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. 1YNQMWQVHZ

1YNQMWQVHZ Active Member

Get SBSettings and get some toggles like SSH, so you can quickly turn it off when you don't use it. Also use the WiFi toggle, it uses lots of battery.
    Make the brightness lower when you don't need it high.

There was a sticky thread that tells how to save battery life, search for it.