Event Rumor Roundup

Discussion in 'September 9, 2009 Event' started by Brewstermax, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Brewstermax

Brewstermax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ok, here we go. I am sick of the 132853948294932 threads about random ideas for this event. I am going to be the black sheep, and tell you how it is, no nonsense garbage.

Date:

If Apple goes with any past tradition, I'll stick with Sept. 8, a typical 2nd Tuesday, but it seems that it may be the 9th. I'll watch both days for the moment.

iTunes:

iTunes 9 may be the introduction of Apple into the social media spotlight, and give iTunes Twitter, Facebook, and Last.fm integration, right? No. That is NOT Apple at all. If you know anything about Apple, they don't use third parties, unless it's over their head. iTunes is example #1 of that. They will either make their own service for the purpose, which will be revolutionary, and change the fundamentals of social networking forever. While that would be a major change in iTunes release scheduling, I don't see Apple going from the buggy mess that is iTunes 8.2, and going to iTunes 9.0. iTunes 7 went all the way to 7.7, over 2 years. The probability is there, but what more can they do, outside of social media?

iPods:

Of course, any good music event is nothing without something to play that music on. And thus is the birth of the next generation of the iPod, something that changes the game, makes the new, stronger competition quake in it's boots, right? The iPod nano and classic will see incremental upgrades, 16 and 32GB capacities, and the classic gets a nice boost to 160GB.

Cameras on the iPod nano and touch are futile ideas at best. If Apple wanted to make a camera, they would make the best point and shoot you could imagine, not slap one on their historically best selling music player. So, if there is a camera on the iPod nano, I'll be shocked and proven wrong. A camera on the iPod touch, is, useless in every sense, but it far more likely than on the nano. Due to the augmented reality focus in 3.1, the iPod touch 3G should be able to take advantage of these, packed with a compass, GPS, and camera, for a truly new iExperience.

The iPod touch will also likely get incremental updates, capacity boost, up to 64GB. Speed boost to match the iPhone 3GS, and an oleophobic coating on the screen. This is basically a 3GS spec - the phone.

---

I'll keep this updated as new details come out. =)
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I actually wouldn't be too shocked if they put a camera on the iPod. They would sell a lot more iPods because of it.
  3. SuperNova

SuperNova Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i find cameras on an ipod useless. that is why there are phones. if a camera were to be put, it would be crap.
    and don't tell me some people dont have phones.. how many people nowadays do not have cell phones?

actually, screw cameras on phones. that is why people invented point and shoot cameras. CAMERAS. made for pictures made for video.

i dont think the upgrade to the 3G will be that great. i mean what can they put on there... a mic? a camera? ya no thanks. speed? ok.
  4. The7thWitness

The7thWitness New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I dont have a cell phone....
    Thats why i really want a camera on it.
  5. chinook

chinook New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    They need something that's appealing to the general audience so they can market the new iPod. What will sell more iPods in an advertisement? Talking about how the new touch is faster or showing off the camera and mic?
  6. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

The general public doesn't give a crap if there is 256mb of RAM on the new ipod

A camera is the only reason why most people would upgrade

As for the arguement "camera's are for phones," or "just use a point-and-shoot"

A lot of peoples camera phones have crappy 1 megapixel 1 dollar cameras like mine

And what if i dont have my camera on me?
  7. SuperNova

SuperNova Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    .. what in the world are you expecting on an ipod??? 3 megapixels? 5? its an ipod. most they will put is like 2.. especially if the prices are gonna be lowered, ya i doubt a good camera is gonna be on it.
  8. Leech11

Leech11 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i dont care bout the camera. what i rly want is that gps chip
  9. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't need a camera on my iPod either, but I would like one to be on mine so I can use it whenever it's needed. I don't like using my cell phone, since the screen isn't as big and the camera isn't as good.

I mean, sure, I'd get the new iPod just for the speed, but it wouldn't hurt to have a camera on the back.

That's one of the least likely things to appear in the new iPod touch.
  10. kevipapo1

kevipapo1 New Member

I'm gonna keep my point short. If Apple does put a camera on the iPod touch it will be a great addition. Flip sells video recording cameras, not sure about the quality, and you just plug it into your computer, edit the video...

Now, the iPod touch, with WiFi capability. If there was a camera on it that could take pictures and record video, then it would be an amazing addition. Take pictures, and when you get on WiFi, send them to some friends, put them on Facebook, upload your videos to YouTube...The iPod is essentially a media playing device, but add a camera and you've added a media capture aspect to said device. It would be a simple two in one media device and provide great for people.

So, no, it's not pointless, makes great sense, and I think we'll be seeing the new 3rd gen iPod touches with video- and picture-taking cameras.