Even with app closed still receive messages and updates?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gballa50, Mar 2, 2009.

1. gballa50

gballa50 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Is there a way for my ipod to still receive texts with infinite sms and messages with im+ even when theyre not open. This would be awesome as I could meander away from the app but still know someone texted me. Thanks.
  2. mattehww

mattehww New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    install sbsettings and then Keep Awake. its an sbsettings toggle that keeps your wifi connection active even when your ipods asleep. then you'll still receive im's etc.

edit. nvm i read your post wrong. try backgrounder from cydia. install it then hold the home button and it'll "minimize" your app and have it run in the background
  3. tpkray

tpkray New Member

If you get an application called "backgrounder" on cydia, you can receive text from infinite sms even if the app isn't open. I'm using it as I speak.
  4. eric780

eric780 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've used backgrounder with fring, but whenever i try to open it again, only half of it shows up, and the bottom part stays on springboard.
    help pl0x? :3
  5. gballa50

gballa50 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Nice! it worked its just a shame there are no new txt update badges with it, but I can just go off the custom alert for now...One more question...at school when trying to send a text it says that it can't access google mail server or something, which ports would i need to have my techie unblock for me.(he's cool like that) Thanks.
  6. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

yeah i have been wondering this too, i have the same problem with the ad hoc i set up, i dont know what ports to allow for gmail
  7. ZMOBtiger

ZMOBtiger New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have been trying to install backgrounder for the past two days...but every time I try, it gives me a posix error. I can install other things from the BigBoss repo, so I don't see how there is a problem with their server. Anyway I can install this manually?
  8. eladc

eladc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Can you receive and send free SMS via IM+? o.o