Even after restoring, DFU restoring and erasing all data..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rei0, Jul 2, 2009.

1. rei0

rei0 New Member

There still seems to be ~100mb unaccounted for..

I had a jailbroken ipod for quite some time and was having this crash issue before it.. I'm gonna return the ipod to apple, seeing as this problem wasn't just because of the jailbreak..

Thing is, even after restoring, even though I should have a capacity of 7GB, I only have 6.9GB.

Now, I have no problem with this, but I'm wondering.. will the guys at apple be able to see exactly what that data is and will they be able to tell it's from say the cydia software or something..

(It's an ipod touch 2G 2.2.1 and I really have tried every way of deleting the data on it..)

(And the 130 odd mb comes under "other" in itunes.. so I can't even find out what it is..)

(Also, I tried using software which could explore the files in the ipod touch, still nothing..)
    Thanks,

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. LaughingPineapple

LaughingPineapple Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Very weird, maybe deflective touch? I'd return to Apple, the regular system files should only make the touch have 7.5 GB left, at least at iTunes.
  3. rei0

rei0 New Member

What I wanna know is, IF they are files from when I jailbroke, will apple be able to see?
  4. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It's possible, but highly unlikely. It's too much work on Apple's part.
  5. rei0

rei0 New Member

so when i go into apple, and i show them my problem.. do they have like a pc showing them what's wrong with the ipod?