EU volume limit removal failed

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by keepittidy, May 19, 2009.

1. keepittidy

keepittidy New Member

Hi all,

I tried to remove the volume limit on my touch (fw 2.2.1) I used winSCP to connect and download the RegionalVolumeLimits.plist and changed the values 8.whatever to1 Uploaded back to the ipod and restarted it.

I thought when i listened to it "that doesn't sound any louder" so to test i download the .plist again and changed the 1's to 0.2 (20% volume) just to see if this made the ipod noticeably different, which it should, however this was just the same volume as the last 2 times.

Can anyone shed any light on what i'm doing wrong

Thanks
  2. skullz2222

skullz2222 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Why would you even change your volume limit? If your trying to make it louder dont bother because you'll get extremely bad quality and the speaker will explode but if you want it to be more quiet then dont be lazy and use the volume buttons.
  3. Ivan P

Ivan P New Member

All iPods in Europe are required, under law, to have a reasonable volume limit applied that cannot easily be removed. The hack that the OP is trying to install merely removes this limit and allows you to control the volume as if it was an iPod from America (in other words, you can turn the volume up higher). As the iPod is designed by an American company, it's hardware can tolerate that extra bit of volume as it is available in any country outside of Europe. Distortion will be heard, however, if someone tries to take the volume limit even higher then the threshold of the American devices.