Ethernet cord question

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by pwnthe2G, Nov 4, 2009.

1. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have a very simple question. Is it possible to connect two PC's directly with an Ethernet cable(i believe it is a yellow cable worldwide?).

I googled this and i found too many different things and no straight answers. Also, its a desktop transfering to a laptop, both on windows, one XP and one Vista, and the desktop computer has no wireless card at all.

any small amount of help or a simple tutorial link would be greatly apprciated!

thanks guys,
    pwnthe2g
  2. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    have you tried it yet? just try it and see what happens.
  3. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yes you can transfer files.
  4. atomicmufin

atomicmufin Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you need to set up a network share or bridge your connections if youre planning on doing something like playing games over it.
  5. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i didnt want to try it just to see since i wasnt sure if it would do something like a USB cable would(which is fry your motherboard). But since thats 3 yeses i will try it out, thanks for the fast responses you guys

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I tried this for like a week to share my connection from my computer to my original xbox. I never got it to work. Can someone post a link to detailed tutorial?
  7. mattehww

mattehww New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    to share connection to xbox. i used to do this, but decided it wasnt worth the occasional problems and rearranged my setup. i believe you need a crossover cable, not plain ethernet patch cable. then, plug ends into computer and xbox. go into pc network connections, then rightclick on your wifi connection and go into properties. find share my internet, Internet Connection Sharing? something of that sort, check them, and youre set to go.

another method is to plug cable in, shift click the lan connection and wifi connection, right click and choose bridge. either way works, i know one is better than the other but forgot. google is your friend:]
  8. Ska8r411

Ska8r411 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I heard it causes a tear in the Universe?

But Id still try it.
  9. sirjonofun

sirjonofun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I had to buy a special cable to get this to work. I believe it was labeled a crossover cable?! I'm not sure. They might all be crossover cables...
  10. Supertouch

Supertouch Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    360 does it automaticly. I suggest a program called TVersity. Hulu and file sharing on your Box.