ETA on new Customize?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by WiLLGT09, Oct 23, 2007.

1. WiLLGT09

WiLLGT09 New Member

Anyone here know when/if there is an ETA on the version of Customize that actually works on the iPod touch? Anyone here actually in contact with the developers? I've tried the hexed version, but it still crashes, and I am just wondering when a proper version will be released.

Cheers,
    William
  2. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

it already works.
  3. PHiRE

PHiRE New Member

Mine seems to work fine, at what point does it crash for you, I also use the hexed version
  4. Blonderator

Blonderator New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I have followed the instructions perfectly, but it still crashes every time. Don't just pass off these threads, because it doesn't work on everyone's iPod.

Someone needs to actually edit the customize.app so it is actually compatible with the touch's filesystem. I've opened it up about 30 times and tapped the chicken like crazy. Still crashes.
  5. WiLLGT09

WiLLGT09 New Member

haha, well I'm a moron! I completely forgot to check about permissions! I changed the hexed customize file to 755, and now all is well.
  6. Blonderator

Blonderator New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Dang. I did that too, but it still doesn't work.
  7. WiLLGT09

WiLLGT09 New Member

also, now for some reason it won't save my icon reordering. it did for my first time. I'll have to play around with it more.
  8. pattyadams

pattyadams New Member

I don't know if it works (because somehow customise suddenly started working for me on about the 15th tap) but I read that if you tap the chicken whilst loading then it doesn't crash....sounds dumb but worth a try!
  9. locodiablo

locodiablo New Member

I was able to install v1.13 with Installer but can't get the icons to reorder and none of the changes seem to take effect.

FYI it worked on the third try without changing to 755
  10. tomboy

tomboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I too have been unable to get Customize to work on mine. I'm not a noob with SSH and I know about setting permissions. I've walked through every single suggested method of getting this thing to work that I've found on this forum and for whatever reason it just plain won't work on my iPod touch.

Everything else is working just fine, but with Customize all I get is the spicychicken splash screen, then it crashes....no matter what I do.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I've just given up on it for now and have been making any modifications manually.