Error with Winpwn 2.5

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by stulu5, Aug 29, 2008.

1. stulu5

stulu5 New Member

Hi

Probably being stupid here but i just dowloaded winpwn 2.5. Then installed itunes 7.7.1 Then installed winpwn 2.5. Go to custom expet mode and after doing yes ad no questions and selecting the logos and where to save te file i get a error "attempted to read or write protected memory. this is often an indication that othe memory is corrupt. Application will close". Btw i dont have itunes open. Please help me.

Other things you should know are my ipods not connected to the pc, itunes isnt open, im trying to use firmware 2.0 5a347.

If you ned anymore info plz just ask

Thanks in advance

Stuart
  2. Nystrom jr

Nystrom jr New Member

try uninstall and instll?
  3. Agent Spencer

Agent Spencer New Member

I've managed to get the exact same error, with my touch being on 2.0 firmware. I've reinstalled Winpwn once, and it keeps coming up with that error, even in Quickpwn mode. No idea how to fix this, anyone?

Spencer.
  4. simons

simons New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok wat u need to do is download a new firmware 2.0 and then when u are using winpwn 2.5 dont choose to change the loading images

then it should work
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    u dont need ur ipod conected will u use winpwn but u will need to connect it when it says to connect ur ipod. u will also have to put it in DFU mode... it will tell u how to do it if u dont know...

if it doesnt work the pm me
  5. poloacuna

poloacuna New Member

QuickPwn First

I was having trouble with using the WinPwn to install the new image (memory error). I downloaded QuickPwn and went that direction and it worked the first time. Hope that works for you.
  6. GAMETIGHT408

GAMETIGHT408 New Member

Hello all....Im having the same problem & getting the same error message. Here's what happened:

I went through all the steps to try and jailbreak my iPhone 3g through WinPwn 2.5. At the part where I was to start holding down the power button, didn't realize that I was supposed to start, so I ended up doing it late. I was able to get through where I was only holding the Home button, but then got an error message. I've been trying to run WinPwn again, but keep getting this message:

"Pwnage/QuickPwn Failed: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt"

Anyone know what I am doing wrong or what is going on? I did a restore through iTunes, but still get the same message.
  7. wildbilly2

wildbilly2 New Member

This happened to me as well. Worked fine for the iphone then died with this message not 20 minutes later on the touch.

Here's what I did, hope it helps:
    Grab an older version of winpwn. I used 2.0.0.3. Go through the steps creating the custom ipsw and don't forget to ipwner the new custom file. Place the ipod in DFU mode and hit "shift" while hitting "Restore: in itunes and the rest is the waiting game.

Hope this helps somebody, I almost went blad trying to get past the broken memory message.
  8. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Different error

Ok so my error is this. I downloaded a 2.0.2 firmware from the winpwn site. I got winpwn 2.5. I finished all the questions with custom expert mode, and all is good, up till it tries to hash the program. It then reads "the file ipod1,12.0.2_5C1_Restore.ipsw found a bad hash..." or something to that effect. I've tried different 2.0.2 firmware, but I havens tried redoing the whole winpwn yet. What else would u recommend I do if that doesn't work?
  9. yonathan

yonathan New Member

I canceled the custom logos. Everything seemed to be fine and suddenly during the pwning process it crashed...

Please Register or Log in to view images

Does someone know how to fix this ?
  10. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    doesnt itunes 7.7.1 mess with the winpwn process try downgrading to 7.7