Error: package download failed

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by captainaids, May 4, 2008.

1. captainaids

captainaids New Member

im running 1.1.2 firmware and since this morning installer keeps saying 'Error Package download failed!'. so ofcourse i searched the forums and the only solution i found is rejailbreaking -> which doesnt work and uninstalling installer and the community sources and then installing them again.

thats great, i would love to try that. if i could. when i select the community sources in the uninstall tab it says again 'Error Package download failed!'. whatthef*** santa. like im downloading something when uninstalling a package.

how do i download packages again? or uninstall them?

-edit
    nevermind, somehow it worked again after putting back the ipods original mac adress with terminal.
  2. ShuffleZ

ShuffleZ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    rhis happened to me yesterday!!
    I made a thread but i don't think it got answered...
    Anyway dude, the best thing to do is wait. Like i waited a bit and i downloaded one thing and it worked! Then after it said download failed again.

Please Register or Log in to view images

So I left it for a few hours and it works again. Try restarting although it didn't work for me numerous times.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. luiszero

luiszero New Member

i need help too i can download a few things but after it says package download failed can anyone help pliz