Error Package Download Failed???

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Flaminfire25, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Flaminfire25

Flaminfire25 New Member

Ok so i made my own repo and all that crap...but now when i go to my repo and try to download my own package it says error package download failed!!!!
    help would be greatly appreciated!!
  2. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

Solution!!!!

There are simple solutions to this problem so make sure you've done these.

1. Your size is right in your repo code
    2. Your hash is right in your repo code
    3. You must zip your files on a mac or linux. If you don't have one of these there is a special way to zip them on windows but takes pretty high knowledge of cmd prompt and using shells through it. The MOST COMMON SOLUTION to this is to download the application on your ipod that zips files like a mac. i believe its called maczip or zip.

This should fix the problem.

-Gojohnnyboi

Did this post help you??? ADD IT TO MY REP! Click the scales below my post number
  3. Flaminfire25

Flaminfire25 New Member

well i followed crazyloofs tut and shotgunfools(pretty much the same) and he said when uploading it to the text u put it in zip format right?
    not unzipped?
    ANd what does hashed mean??
    Well you see i went to a website and downloaded supermariobros1.zip then added it to google pages then copied shortcut and put into right slot on the notepad is that wrong???
  4. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

yeah

you gotta make sure you have ONLY what you want in the zip file.

if the zip file comes with a gba rom in it for mario but its called something weird like iosdf.gba then you wanna rename it.........

hash is the md5 checksum of the package installer uses to make sure your size is correct

this can be found here

<key>hash</key>
    <string>whatever the hash is</string>

its in your unedited repo in crazyloofs guide
  5. DeusMachina

DeusMachina Retired Moderator

Actually if #1 or #2 is wrong you'll get a Main Script Error. If your getting error downloading package, you most likely didn't zip it right. Did you zip it on a Linux or on MAC?
  6. Flaminfire25

Flaminfire25 New Member

can anyone give me a link to the so called criB page explaining how to zip using ipod touch???
  7. ipodtouchpros

ipodtouchpros New Member

Hey guys, my repo does the same thing it
    says error package download failed. I downloaded the 112 weatherapp from gojohnnyboi and I followed the size and put the hash in and everything. Also, is there a way or a website that you can download already zipped files from a mac or lynux? Finally, last question: How do you add the scripts and add the words if it doesn't work? Thx I appreciate it.
  8. Stiastr

Stiastr New Member

Hehe

I had the same problem, and i disadvice you to follow the guides here. When you sync your iPod it should be fixed.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. rickatnight11

rickatnight11 New Member

If you are having this much trouble with it then you shouldn't be making a repo. Contact a repo host and ask them to host the repo for you.

You need to make sure the size is correct. If you are doing this in Windows you are going to do it wrong. You need to get the actual size from it which can be determined the easiest through SSH or with a good FTP client. This is necessary or you will get a Package Download Failed error.

You need to make sure the hash is correct. The hash is used to make sure that you have the correct file you are trying to download (ie no corruption or interference during transfer.) Every file has its own hash. It's like a finger-print. This can be easily done over SSH, but it's necessary. or you will get the Package Download Failed error.
  10. Mixa

Mixa New Member

Ok guys this doesnt have anything to do with me downloading my own packages but when i try to install anything (or reinstall BSD Subsystem) i get the Error: Package Download Failed! :S

I have been checking different threads and done some research but nothing helps.. I dont know if this is relevant but the background of my bottom bar has changed (by itself) from the 1.1.3 background (the metal one with holes in it) to a plain black one...

HELP!