Error on TouchPad Pro ScreenView using Mac

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xblade420, Jul 31, 2008.

1. xblade420

xblade420 New Member

hi, i was just wondering if anyone knew why i would be getting a "connection error" on TouchPad Pro when connecting to my Mac while the settings have screenview set to "On" (off / on / hidef).

it works just fine when its set to Off or Hidef, but gives me that "connection error" when its set to "On" which doesnt make any sense cause its the same connection.

thanks
  2. crazyvanya

crazyvanya Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Have you activated and all? If you have, try deleting the server, and then re-creating it. Make sure everything in System Prefs is set correctly in the Sharing tab

Also, did you pay for yours, or use a cracked one? That might be something to consider. And which version are you using, of Touchpad Pro
  3. xblade420

xblade420 New Member

yes, i did pay for it (what a shocker! - i never pay for software) and it is activated. it's version 4.44 which i assume is the latest since neither installer or cydia provide a more recent version.

i've tried deleting and recreating the server, but without success. also, all the settings on the mac are correct and like i said, i dont have a problem with it in "Off" (it shows nothing but operates the cursor) or "HiDef", which shows the clear image of the desktop, but just takes time to load cause its HiDef. i'd like to see the normal "On" mode cause it always worked better.

this connection error is new, so idk.

...btw, the full error message is "Connection terminated - The VNC server closed the connection"
  4. themightybear

themightybear New Member

it sounds like theres something wrong with the program on your puter. are you using tight VNC?
  5. xblade420

xblade420 New Member

no im using TouchPad Pro on an iTouch. would this Tight be any better? the name sounds familiar, but i would prefer to get TouchPad Pro to work since A) i like it and am accustomed to its features - B) i paid for it and that would just be a waste to let it go

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. crazyvanya

crazyvanya Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    4.46 is the latest version.