Error msg when trying to move /Applications folder to free up disk space via SSH

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by ralliart12, Jan 6, 2008.

1. ralliart12

ralliart12 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi fellows. I was trying to follow swedishviking's guide to move my default applications installation directory but I keep getting the following error msg:

Please Register or Log in to view images

"inter-device move failed...unable to remove target. Operation not permitted".

I did try a few more times. Note: I also ensured I'm in the real root, & not the /private/var/root. But even then, the mv command fails to execute. ls -la works, & cd .. works, so the session is active & my Touch is really connected via Putty(my SSH client).

But the relocations commands just won't work. May I have u fellows' assistance to resolve this? Thanks in advance.

P.S. I tried using BigBoss tools but it didn't work for me: I didn't get the "Apps Moved" button after trying clicking on the "Relocate Apps" buttons a few times; & the free space readings remains unchanged too.
  2. benw

benw New Member

The easiest way to relocate your tools is download "Boss Tool" from Installer.app, but to get "Boss Tools" you'll need to add "sleepers.net/iphonerepo" to you sources. Once you download, open it up "Boss Tools", go to "Free Disk Space" then to "Move apps." That's how I moved mine, real easy.

Hope that helps you! Good luck!
  3. rhmyuen

rhmyuen New Member

Or install Term-vt100 and do it right on your iPod touch.
  4. dtn

dtn New Member

I get the same error message, whether i used Tern-vt100 or ssh'd into the ipod...

does anyone know a fix for this?

thanks in advance.