Error message

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by poordude2151, Jan 1, 2010.

1. poordude2151

poordude2151 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am currently running 3.1.2 firmware on my 2g Itouch. Every time I go to downgrade by-- shift>restore>then click my IPSW 3.0 firmware it begins to extract the files, then I get a message that says "The Ipod "****" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (20)."

How do I fix this? I really want to downgrade to jailbreak it...

Thanks in advance!
  2. sam_rock

sam_rock Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    u need to put ur iPod.Touch in DFU mode..... connect ur device n open iTunes, now hold Sleep/Wake button n the home button till it reboots, ur PC will alert with a device disconnected sound. keep holding the 2 button, after few seconds the PC will alert like a device is connected... right now leave the sleep/wake button but keep on holding the home button until iTunes alerts you that the device is in restore mode. the screen should be black on ur device n not the connect to iTunes screen if done properly. Now downgrading ur 2G iPod.Touch should work fine. Gud Luck!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    sorry for asking... y do want to downgrade to 3.0 from 3.1.2 it's exactly the same n most current apps need 3.1 firmware. 3.0 is more battery consuming than 3.1, i upgraded to my current 3.1.2 only days after trying 3.0 which was not good cuz I play a lot of games. I can understand downgrading to 2.2.1 but 3.0??
  3. poordude2151

poordude2151 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was reading on the dev team blog and it said I would have to downgrade to 3.0 and use redsn0w to jailbreak then use another tool to upgrade it to the new version....
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok now its jailbroken and now I want to upgrade to 3.1.2. Anyone know the steps or ink to the steps?

Sorry if has been answered I can find what to do...