Error message 20

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by soulstalker, Jul 10, 2009.

1. soulstalker

soulstalker New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok heres my problem i put my ipod touch (1st gen on software 3.0) to charge one night when i woke up it wouldnt turn on or anything i then pushed the home+power botton and the apple logo came up followed by the connect to itunes message but i noticed it wasnt bright but very dim like there was no backlight then when i get to itunes (which fully recongnizes my ipod) says restore so i do but then all i get is a error message 20 saying i cant. then just a little bit ago i plug it in hopeing for pure luck and it shows up as charging but dead battery so i wait and then it fully starts working im happy lol but then it freezes after maybe a half hour so i do the home+power botton thing again now its back to where it was before,so i need help tryin to figure out how to get it working again i dont care if i have to go back to 2.2.1 just aslong as it works.Thank You
  2. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    First: make sure your on iTunes 8.2 or latest version. If you are reinstall it.
    If iPod still not able to restore do a restore to 3.0 ( iTunes 8.2 dosent support 2.2.1 or earlier) if that dosent work do a dfu then restore and hopefully it works. Good luck
  3. soulstalker

soulstalker New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well i tried all that but when i did the dfu to restore to 3.0 i got an error message 13,wats weird is i kept doin this yesturday and when the battery died is when i could charge then use it again but i didnt restore then cause i thought it was working but i just dont know what else to do