error in itunes

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by naota172, Dec 29, 2007.

1. naota172

naota172 New Member

help tutorial: getting itunes to recognize ipod

when i connect my ipod, itunes says that the proper software isnt installed on the computer and to reinstall itunes. well, i did that and i get the same error, which im sure jailbreaking my ipod caused. does this happen to anyone else? what program do you guys use to manage music on a jailbroken ipod touch? i tried ephpod but it doesnt work with ipod touch. thanks in advance.

-naota172
  2. naota172

naota172 New Member

ok, so it works like a normal iPod on other computers

I'm gunna try deleting itunes AND the iPod drivers for that computer

(as long as this thread is here I might as well post my progress solving the problem)
  3. biglou

biglou New Member

i have the same problem, mine isnt working and im not jailbroken yet. I was jailbroken before and it didnt work either.
  4. naota172

naota172 New Member

ok i figured it out.

i'm geussing that you too used the "TouchDev" guide to jailbreak your ipod, they tell you to replace files that REALLY dont need to be replaced.

For windows:
    so heres how you fix it. uninstall itunes, then go to control panel>add or remove programs and remove "Apple Mobile Device Support". Now re-install iTunes, wait a few seconds and connect your ipod touch. it should reinstall all the drivers (to the computer only, your ipod remains untouched). and your ipod should show up.

I don't own a mac, so if your a mac user i dont know how to fix your problem, sorry.
  5. biglou

biglou New Member

Yep that seemed to work for me. Itunes works but now i dont understand why i wanted it so badly, i dont like using it.