ERROR: failed in buffer_write(fd) (6,ret=-1)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by tooxlate2savexme, Jun 10, 2009.

1. tooxlate2savexme

tooxlate2savexme New Member

has any of you guys have this problem?i can not update,install,remove or do anything with cydia everytime i try to i get this same error everytime i read on the net that it might be because i haveno space on the partition that cydia uses?but i never get a msg like that the only msg i get is failed in buffer_write(fd) (6,ret=-1) and after that i click `return to cydia` and it takes me back to the home page `after taking hours to reload the data`,i believe this might have something to do with me messing around in /media folder via ssh i created a new folder name cydia and inside it i created another one named autoinstall in other to install pdanet ever since then my cydia is useless

Please Register or Log in to view images

can any of you guys help me with this? please

here is a screen shot of the message i get

2. Nub4life

Nub4life New Member

yeh i found a way to fix it =D. I just used bosstool and moved all my fonts and apps and then it all worked fine =D.
  3. tooxlate2savexme

yeah but how can i instal bosstool if cydia DOES NOT LET ME DO ANYTHING? its useless cydia i can not do anythind god damn it
  4. Sn1p3rGT

Sn1p3rGT New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    manually install it (SSH)
  5. tooxlate2savexme

yeah i guess i`ll do that if only i knew where i could fing the bosstool.deb file
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    it all sound dangerous and im a noob at all of this lol and yes i checked with bossprefs and i have no more space in the cydia partition so now i can not do anything and i installed bosstool.deb via ssh and it did install i see it on the `hide apps` section in bossprefs but i dont see the icon on my ipod screen and also i used guicache and reboot and respring many times over and over hopin that would help but in the end nothing helps i clicked on the cydia folder in my ipod thru ssh but i couldnt see anything to try and maybe delete some but i dont think i`ll be able to do it for im just a noob and nobody else seems to be willing to help me except you and i appreciate it i guess ill keep googling for another day lol but if i installed bosstool via ssh and i used guicache why is it not in my screen?man this sucks and also i tried to install it thru installer so i added the bigboss repo and it is not listed in the repo after i install i refresh and did all the steps then i click on sytem category where its suppose to be according to this http://thebigboss.org/hosting-repository/ so after many failed attemps i gave up and downloaded the deb. file from the bigboss directly and installed thru ssh and nope nothing helps now im frustrated lol i feel like punching saurik for not answering my email