error exit status 127?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by chickenmatt5, Sep 18, 2010.

1. chickenmatt5

chickenmatt5 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I downloaded an app from Cydia. It crashed on launch, so I tried to uninstall. I got a message saying "-certain file- subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 126." I deleted that certain file and the .app folder of the app from /Applications/ and now I get "-certain file- subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 127." Sorry I'm being vague, but I'd rather not share anything about the package I tried downloading. Now, every time I try to download something from Cydia, it tries to upgrade the messed up app, I get that message, and nothing is downloaded. Is my iPod doomed to yet another restore?
  2. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

You might have messed up something important..but then again i know nothing lol....how do you know you were the first to use jailbreakme,com
  3. chickenmatt5

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Real great.... where's Cydia's program files? Maybe I could tweak them to forget about the app I downloaded.
  4. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

Like i said before i am by no means qualified to give advice about files and sh*t lol i mean i would restore before you permanently damage somehting
  5. chickenmatt5

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Any tutorials on how to delete & reinstall Cydia?

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    But seriously, I manually deleted everything that came with the app. Why does Cydia still have problems? I reinstalled everything and Cydia sai "Yoou have a half-downloaded program+ or something along the lines. I delete everything, and I still get it. WTF?