Error 6?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Wreked, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Wreked

Wreked New Member

I have the new 2.0.0.2 winpwn, created the custom firmware, pwned itunes, and put my ipod into dfu mode via ziphone. I click shif+restore on itunes, then after it says preparing ipod for restore, it then has an error message saying that an unknown error occured (6). What did I do wrong. I also tried to put it into dfu mode through the home+sleep button but the same thing happened.
  2. nubby

nubby New Member

3. Wreked

Wreked New Member

I'm pretty sure i'm doing everything right, i'm turning it off, holding the home and power button until the apple logo comes up, releasing the power button and still holding the home button then the itunes and usb cable comes up, itunes says my ipod is in restore mode, shift click custom firmware from winpwn. What else is there.
  4. owie007

owie007 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

nope, apparently with DFU mode the screen will just remain blank until the firmware is being installed... you might not be doing the DFU mode properly
  5. ipodtouchfan101

ipodtouchfan101 Member

you are not in dfu mode if the connect to itunes screen comes up. if you were the screen would be blank like the ipod is off
  6. Wreked

Wreked New Member

Well I don't know what to do, it won't let me go back to my spring board it just stays at the apple logo, should I just restore it then install the custom firmware or what?