Error (6) When Trying to load any pwned firmware.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Andrewistheshit, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Andrewistheshit

Andrewistheshit New Member

I used Pwnage tool 2.0.3 on my Mac. But now when i try to load the new firmware (updating from 2.0 to 2.0.2) it gives me this error. I have tried to load the pwned 2.0 firmware as well, with the same error. Yes i am in DFU mode wehn doing this.
    Anyone?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Error 6 says you're not in DFU. Make sure you turn off the iPod WHILE IT'S PLUGGED INTO THE COMPUTER, wait five or six seconds, hold down home and the power button for ten seconds, let go of the Power button (but keep holding Home) until iTunes sees the iPod in DFU mode.
  3. Andrewistheshit

i will try that, silly me. Im over hear writing up a program for a Bot Net yet i cant even manage to get DFU mode right.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    half worked, it all looked like it was going to work out, then it said restarting and when it came back it was back in recovery mode and the screen is grey now XD
    Common i know someone knows whats wrong.
  4. m3gatr0n

m3gatr0n New Member

same probleme here, except i'm using the iPhone.
    broked it when i was trying to unlock the sim with the ziphone software, so i'm worst than you.
    anyone? help???

PS: to make matter worst, i'm stuck in recovery mode.
    had the firmware 2.0.1 (iPhone 2G), but can't get out of the recovery mode. damn...!!!

PSS: I've got it into the DFU mode, and restored it. The whole problem was that I wasn't aware how the phone reacted in DFU mode, and i tought it's shuted down, but it wasn't. It was black, and and the Vista sound helped me alot (iTunes, whatever). Everything is fine now, hope you'll get the DFU mode dude. It worked for me, just keep trying.
  5. atomicmufin

atomicmufin Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i had the same exact problem, called the folks at apple twice.
    they're advice was $#it.

i just left it alone over night, not plugged in, and it was fine the next day.
  6. Andrewistheshit

I swtiched the comp i was using and got the 1600 error so i checked out this thread

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81253
    No matter what i do i cant get the jailbroken version of 2.0.2 but i was able to get it back to 2.0 jailbroken im getting that grey screen, but i think the dev team is having some issues with it, and the servers are on over load so ill wait for tomorow and hope its up by then.
  7. amarellapudi

amarellapudi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    are you sure u pressed the ipwner button. try to pwn again and press the ipwner button.