Error 6 - Restoring iPod to RUN RS

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Deisel72, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Deisel72

Deisel72 New Member

Ok so I'm trying to enable my iPod touch 2g for the run rs cmd and i go through all the steps on nates guide till i get to the restoring part and i get error six when i try to restore my ipod. I need to fix for this. Also i already boot my ipod back up with the auto-boot true cmd's. So any help to stop error six ppl?
  2. dancool999

dancool999 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Error 6 - Firmware was not created correctly, make sure you follow All instructions exactly. This error is a result of not changing hex 0x10 in the iboot2 file to "2" or the manifest file/dfu file was not patched correctly.
  3. Deisel72

Deisel72 New Member

Do u know if i can get a premade run rs ipsw or if u hav one can u email me it. carbonox@hotmail.com
  4. rmbell

rmbell New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was recieved that error, so I rebooted from windows to linux, pulled the iboot2, manifest, and dfu files out, manually patched them (since I was using a premade ipsw). now when I try to use the file, I recieve error 1603, which is the same error I also recieved on another premade ipsw I have.
  5. bugger561

bugger561 New Member

fix for error 6 in my sig.
    works for Mac and PC
  6. TheKKKiller

TheKKKiller New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Make sure you guys have iTunes closed and opened during the said times.