error (6) or (1) or (2)-ipod touch wont restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by miike, Jun 26, 2008.

1. miike

miike New Member

I seriously need your help,

I was transfering some music on my touch 32gb and the gord came off the ipod (stepped on the cord).

Since then it got messed up and now i'm stucked on recovery mode and keep getting the "this ipod could not be restored (6)". Tried using all the firmwares (shift+restore) getting different errors (1) (2). Tried uninstalling itunes, clearing my pc of everything itunes and ipod related, tried the dfu mode manually and with ziphone, tried different pc BUT NOTHING works.

Still can't restore my ipod. I keep getting the apple cord pointing to itunes or the apple logo.

Can anyone help?
  2. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

manually put the iPod into DFU restore mode by holding both the home and sleep buttons, then try connecting to iTunes to restore
  3. miike

miike New Member

Did that...no luck.
    The problem is i don't know which is DFU mode and restore mode cuase it always shows the apple and then the apple cord with the itunes logo.
  4. dou-69

dou-69 New Member

go in the Ziphone file do not click on it but open the file that is inside and click on the link who says DFU restore.
    Itunes should detect you ipod touch.
    Tell me if i'm not clear. I will explain it to you later right now i'm not at home to guide you.
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Manual DFU Mode Directions

1. Turn on your iPod (in my case it would only get as far as displaying the Apple logo
    2. Hold the power and home buttons down (the iPod will power off after 10 seconds, but keep holding those buttons down)
    3. After the iPod powers off, release the power button (but keep holding the home button down)
    4. After a couple more seconds, you should hear that magical “ding dong” that means the iPod is coming back alive, and that Windows has detected it. You may even see a little “New hardware” popup in Windows. It is now safe to release the home button, and your iPod is in DFU mode.
    5. Now iTunes will see it as a DFU’ed iPod and should ask you to automatically restore its firmware.
    6. iTunes has to download the new firmware, and it takes a while, so go make a sandwich.
  6. miike

miike New Member

Ok did all of that. I don't have a problem to get in DFU mode or restore mode.
    The problem is that Itunes donwloads (or uses the firmware files i have on my hard disk) but during the installation it pops up the errors (different number for different firmwares).
    The funny thing is that i tried it to a different pc and it recognised it as an i phone.
  7. dou-69

dou-69 New Member

No but I had the same problem and I resolved it like this i do not know why it does not work for you. When i wanted to restore it a message of error 2 appeared.
    Try again go to Ziphone and then clik on "ENTER IN DFU MODE" (itunes must be opened) it should work:itune will say that he has detected an ipod in restore mode.

EDIT:sorry I did not read your last message correctly. I never had this. So you mean while it is restoring a message of error just appear like that??
  8. miike

miike New Member

Yes,

It does the extraction of the firmware files, and when it is nearly at the end of the installation, it pops the error.
  9. Sharpshooter101

Sharpshooter101 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  10. dou-69

dou-69 New Member

Please let us know if it works noW i would like to knoW.