error (6) itouch restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gergster, Aug 9, 2010.

1. gergster

gergster New Member

i have an Ipod Touch 1G that is seen in iTunes that needs to be restored. If i try restore to 3.1.3, i get error 1600. If I shift+restore and select 3.1.2 or any other firmware, I get the(1600) error. If I select 3.0, I get the white screen, spinner, uploading firmware, then verifying with the progress bar, then it crashes out and gives me error (6). I cannot get to restore mode, just DFU mode. I have tried the following: 3 different original iPod cables on 4 different USB ports, tried the same on 4 other PC's with WIN7 ultimate, 1 with Vista Home premium, 1 with XP, and even a MacBook. That's 7 computers total, and 18 USB ports. I have used a fresh install of Itunes, created new users and all other tricks posted here and everywhere else. I cannot kick it out of DFU mode. I get the white screen when it is preparing ipod for restore, then I get kicked out at "verifying ipod software". Redsn0w gives me similiar results. I get to "synchronizing files" then the ipod shuts off. I can duplicate this error every time. Ireb won't do anything when I select ipod touch 1G. Irestore does not see an iPod at all. I'm close and I know it, but don't know what else to try. Any and all help is appreciated.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Running iTunes 9.2.1.5
  2. riky2709

riky2709 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Why are you restoring to old firmwares???
    try restoring to 4.0.1 in recovery mode...
  3. gergster

gergster New Member

It's a 1G iTouch. Didn't think 4.0.1 would work on it. I'm just trying to get it to boot up normally, jailbreak or not. I don't really care for jailbreaking, just trying to get it into a normal mode of operation.
    Itunes sees it in DFU mode, and tries to restore it/update it to 3.1.3. Error 1600 ensues, so I tried shift+restore with another firmware version, trying to get different results. The ipsw file for 3.0 is the only one that gets me a white screen, then the spinner and progress bar, then it crashes out at the end of "verifying ipod software" and gives me the error "the iPod "iPod" could not be restored. An unknown error ocurred (6)".
  4. Numbah81

Numbah81 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    1g cant get 4.0
  5. metalmilitia

metalmilitia Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Try downloading a custom firmware for 3.1.2 or 3.1.3. See what happens. Best of Luck.
  6. gergster

gergster New Member

I have created several different custom ipsw files, some with cydia installed, verbose boot, etc. I get the same results. If it's 3.0 based, I can get the upload, and verify progress bars, then error (6). If it's 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 based, then it kicks me out quickly with a error 1600. Very frustrating as I know I'm close if I can get it to upload then start to verify. I appreciate the help.
  7. Numbah81

Numbah81 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Apple stopped signing that firmware your gonna have to restore 4.0 or 4.0.1 or 4.1 betas Tough Luck
  8. gergster

gergster New Member

I don't understand. Itunes wants to restore/update to 3.1.3, not 4.0. Itunes downloads the 3.1.3 ipsw if I delete it from my appdata/local/roaming/itunes folder. It does not try for the 4.0 firmware, as it is a 1G 8GB itouch. I mean, it's a dinosaur, but if I can restore it, it will still be a good ipod player for me. Are you suggesting I try to JB it with a 4.0? I mean, I'll try it, but don't know if it's going to work.
  9. gergster

gergster New Member

Still no luck. I let the battery die, but I get nothing but "Itunes has detected and ipod in recovery mode" when I plug it in. Tried with itunes 10, and on a fresh install of windows 7. Any other ideas?
  10. growla79

growla79 New Member

im in the same boat as the gergster... i've tried everything like them and still no luck. hopefully someone can give us a way around this? it's doing my head in.