Error 6 2nd gen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by smurfatola, Oct 23, 2008.

1. smurfatola

smurfatola New Member

Howdy folks,
    This is probably another generic error problem but i've searched and cant find a solution to it. I tried to jailbreak my ipod touch 2nd generation. I did this not understanding you couldn't jailbreak a 2nd generation. I thought it was a one software for all and not specific. Basically I didn't do my homework. Now when I try to restore error 6 appears, I've tried everything from what ive seen on this forum. I believe it to be in restore mode, but im no expert, all that appears on the ipod now is the connect to itunes logo. Does anyone know if its possible to fix this or can i use my warranty or would it look like I tried to jailbreak it?

Any help would much appreciated. Thanks.
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Place your iPod touch into DFU Mode rather than Restore Mode.

To place your iPod touch into DFU Mode:

Step 1. Turn off your iPod.

Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.

Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.

Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that its in restore mode.
  3. smurfatola

smurfatola New Member

Thanks for your reply.

Okay i managed to get it into DFU mode but when i go to restore now it says 'Software for this iPod is currently not available. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes and try again later'. I have the latest version of iTunes so I don't understand why its doing that
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Which firmware are you trying to restore to? It should be 2.1.1.
  5. SmRandmAzn

SmRandmAzn New Member

Yeah it does that...You'll have to download the firmware (2.1.1) manually, then shift click on the restore button than select the firmware that you downloaded. This in theory should work. It worked for me the first few times, but now it's just screwed. And I didn't even Jailbreak or anything...