Error "5"

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by killerkid13, Feb 3, 2008.

1. killerkid13

killerkid13 New Member

i keep getting this message saying the ipod "ipod" could not be restored ("5") everytime i try to restore it, i have itunes 7.6, any help guys?
  2. ipodtouchpros

ipodtouchpros New Member

Weird....

Hey, I've had this problem before....You have 2 choices....If you know someone that has itunes installed on their computer, go and plug in your ipod and it should let you restore it. OR you can install windows install cleanup and remove all of the applications that have to with ipod or apple. After that is done go to file hippo and type in itunes. You will a 7.6 install thingy, just look to the right and it shows almost all of the versions. You can choose any that you want and just install those and run them and you should be able to redo itunes. I hope this helps. If you have any questions, email me at www.ipodtouchpros@gmail.com
  3. bentrider1957

bentrider1957 New Member

I had this happen and all I had to do is restart my Windows XP. Once restarted, I hooked up my Ipod and Itunes then installed the 1.1.4 update. I think you HAVE to have the latest Itunes. There is another method of getting out of restore, but you have to have Iphuc. I will write later on how to do that. Try installing the latest Itunes and then REBOOT your computer to see if your Ipod comes out of it's coma.
  4. touchhacker101

touchhacker101 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    if you downloaded it manually, check if it begins with iphone---- or ipod----
    i think ive had that problem b4 and i figured out i had the iphone version and not the ipod touch one
  5. joshua_davis18

joshua_davis18 New Member

what to do.
    1.Before restore kill process "itunes helper"
    2.Switch usb ports
    3.Restore

It has resolved my restore problems every single time.
  6. mike_ekim1

mike_ekim1 New Member

i rebooted and switched USB ports.
    PROBLEM SOLVED!
  7. orkodan

orkodan New Member

I just restarted itunes once i got the error message then clicked on restore and it carried on where it left off
  8. Go Avalanche

Go Avalanche Banned

restart your computer