Error 3194 when trying to downgrade.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by pantanplan, Jul 13, 2010.

1. pantanplan

pantanplan New Member

I bought an MC 32 GB iPod Touch 3G, which had 3.13 firmware installed in it. I jailbroke it with Spirit, installed and ran Cydia, I pressed the Yes, make my life easier button, so I presume that I saved the 3.13 SHSH blobs. I had some problems, though, and I restored and upgraded to the official, non-jailbroken iOS 4. Plus, I fully erased my iPod Touch. So now ther's no Cydia, and my iOS 4 device isn't jailbroken. Are the blobs still there? Because whenever I try to downgrade with iTunes, error 3194 comes up, and that's caused either by missing blobs, or an un-edited hosts file. My hosts file is OK, because I tried adding the extra command (xxx.xxx.xxx.aplle.com, don't remember exactly), both at the top of the file (after the explanations, of course) and the end, so what's wrong?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Come on, in all my other threads I got like five answers in 1 hour, this is urgent.
  2. char101

char101 New Member

Ahhh

What did your other replies to your question say?
    i need help too.
  3. Sparkyx

Sparkyx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    That error means the host file isn't written correctly. all you have to add to the bottom is:

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

and then save it...you don't need anything else fancy. Now, if your device had only a pending TSS request, and the SHSH didn't actually get saved, I'm not 100% sure if it still got saved. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Otherwise if you saw the green "SHSH on file for 3.1.3" at the top of Cydia, then you're all set.

Pretty much, then all you need to do is get it to restore with error 1015, and then use iRecovery to kick it out with these commands:

setenv auto-boot true
    saveenv
    reboot

voilĂ . I hope i was of some help...
  4. defakadef

defakadef Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    ^ Is This The Host File Suppose to look

Attached Files: