1. barbiegirl2000

barbiegirl2000 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I tried to jailbreak but no luck. I was following this tutorial by Willdta http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23qTFceH0jI

Everything went smoothly until I had to use the 'custom restore.ipsw' which was downloadable in the description. I keep on getting error 21 from itunes. I have looked up the fix to this error on the internet but with no solid answers as to the work around. I am using a mac os x on 10.5.6. I have installed the 'Install_IOUSBFamily_kext_10_5_5.zip' which fixes the problem with getting the ipod into dfu mode for 10.5.6. I don't think that was ever the problem though because I could always get into DFU mode. My only query is when Final Snow is installing itself, it asks me to disconnect then reconnect the ipod and this should show a white screen. But in reality it doesn't do anything, the screen with the itunes and the usb cable just sits there the same as before. I can still restore to the original firmware which I have done for now. But my question is, why does itunes give me error 21?
  2. mcbaine

mcbaine New Member

I'm not sure whats going on. It seems very odd.
  3. Brewstermax

Brewstermax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Use Untetherizer.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    The screen MUST TURN WHITE. Otherwise, it gives you an error. It checks the firmware, and if those patches aren't sent, which causes the white screen, it can't restore to the FW.