Error 1611...Won't Restore. Help.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DPierce360, Feb 13, 2009.

1. DPierce360

DPierce360 New Member

I've had my iPod for a year or so, and I jailbroke it about six months ago (didn't like it. screwed up, etc. so restored it back to normal). Or so I thought, it would always give a error 1611 message, and i would give up. but usually after a new firmware came out it would work, and restore it. But recently I tried to restore it again because Windows wouldn't recognize it and it wouldn't sync music. I've got the newest firmware (2.21 i think). and it is giving me the "error 1611" message after i click on restore. any help please?
  2. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I would check here first before I did anything else.
  3. DPierce360

DPierce360 New Member

Tried it. Didn't Help.
    Do I need to put it into DFU mode?
  4. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ... It will help

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. DPierce360

DPierce360 New Member

Having trouble putting it in DFU mode. Help?

I am still a noob at this stuff even know I have had it for so long.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Never Mind. Got it in DFU Mode.
    Still no luck. Won't restore in DFU either. I've downloaded firmware and shift+click restored it also. Didn't work.
  6. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'd try it on a different computer then. Make sure you have the latest iTunes too.
  7. xfrankerdoodlex

xfrankerdoodlex New Member

1604 / 1611 Errors here too..

I've been working on this ipod touch 1st gen for a week now.. pretty sure it just needs a new battery but I'd like to hear your input on this.

Soo first off, the Ipod touch won't turn on unless its plugged into the computer.. Everytime, no matter what, whenever this Ipod starts to restore I see it go from the USB cable/iTunes screen to the Apple booting up screen with a small "loading" circle at the bottom, then it turns off.

What I've tried: different computers, cables, Reinstalling all apple software, itunes, quicktime, etc etc then restoring.. didn't work (didn't work in DFU mode either)... Then I tried iTunes 7.5 and firmware 1.1.4 and it turns off again (didn't work in DFU mode either again)... Then I downloaded Winpwn (2.5 and then later 2.0) and tried everything that program can do and nothing.. Tried QuickPwn and it just turned off over and over again.. before i downloaded QuickPwn, I could get to the screen where it shows the battery with a lightning bolt and it never charges.. now the ipod just turns on and off on and off, go threw DFU mode again to stop..

IMO: New Battery, the ipod touch only lasts 300 charges or so i heard..

I just ordered a battery and will post my results after i install it.
    here try this: with your ipod plugged in Hold down Sleep/Wake and Home until it turns off, once it does let off Both buttons then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for just a bit and the battery metter should come up.. if it doesn't charge.. prolly needa new battery the way i figure

eh?