Error 1604

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by drunkenbeast, Dec 29, 2007.

1. drunkenbeast

drunkenbeast New Member

i download the downgrade so i can go back to 1.1.1 and then i start the downgrade...it deletes all my songs and then says my ipod needs to be restored before i can do anything on it with itunes...so i restore it and it puts 1.1.2 on it...so i get error 1604..and all that ends up happening is it deletes all my songs...
  2. JoRein

JoRein New Member

same problem for me.
    i downgradet the firmware, done the jailbreakme.com- thing, updated to 1.1.2 and run the bat-data for the ssl- installation. now itunes doesnt recognize my touch and if i want do restore to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 i get the error 1604.
    i cant acces the main menue of the ipod, i just get into the "connect to itunes" screen
    what could i do now?
  3. raitono

raitono New Member

i've gotten the same problem but mine is brand new never done anything to it. i tried to restore it again but it gave me error 2003 adn then 1604 again

but like i said my itouch is brand new and not jailbroken
  4. fingerill

fingerill New Member

I have the same problem. I find no way to slove it...
  5. Asken

Asken New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I had that problem a few days ago, my Iopt didn't work, it was only in restore mode and it coudn't bo restored, then i searched in the forum for other restore problems and follow the tips that has given for an other problem, and it worked.

1.first connect your ipod to the computer
    2.hold down the home buttom and the sleep for some seconds, then let go the home buttom and wait for up to 25 seconds.
    3.for me some drivers were installed... i don't know if it will do it for you.
    4. then try to restore your ipod again. it worked the 2:nd time for me..

It's like the same guide for force to restore.. but it worked. hope it works for you too.

sry for my bad english

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

I updated my itunes to 7.5 then I restarted my computer and that fixed it
  7. PhoisGOOD

PhoisGOOD New Member

i did what plg6067 did ,