Error 1403 - Problem NOT Solved!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by WhightKnight, Feb 2, 2009.

1. WhightKnight

WhightKnight Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have thoroughly searched the forums to find many threads complaining of error 1403. Yet none of the threads had a reply on how to fix this error.

Problem:
    I'm at the FINAL STEP (woo hoo!) and I click Shift + Left Click on the "Restore botton" and choose my 284MB IPSW File. iTunes gets about half way through extracting software when error 1403 stops it.

I really don't know what the problem is. Please anyone help me!
  2. Anononomolous

Anononomolous New Member

same problem here but as soon as I tell iTunes to use the ipsw it gives me error 1403. Some insight on how to fix this problem would be wonderful because not only is WhightKnight and I having this problem but a lot of people are.
  3. deeboy55

deeboy55 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    check out my thread lol
  4. Anononomolous

Anononomolous New Member

link please.
  5. deeboy55

deeboy55 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    just click my name click show statistics and click show post
  6. capanga

capanga New Member

OMG, not solved for me

when i go to the iTunes, Restore customFW and the same error !
  7. Anononomolous

Anononomolous New Member

Ok everyone please, please listen, I believe I have the solution to our 1403 error. The error might be originating from the ipsw. To check to see if it's the ipsw do the following:

1. Open any folder
    Click - Tools > Folder Options > View > Hide extensions for know files.
    This option should be unchecked.
    >Ok

2. Change the file extension on your jailbroken firmware (.ipsw) to (.zip)
    3. Open the zip file, or at least try to. If the zip archive opens without any errors then the ipsw (.zip) is good, if a error pops up the ipsw (.zip) is corrupt.

Now if the .ipsw is good then I don't know what your problem is and I hope you find your awnser. If it's bad delete the jailbroken firmware, the original, do a disk cleanup, browser cleanup, and restart your PC.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I would like to confirm that doing what I've stated in my previous post DOES WORK. I'm extracting the jailbroken.ipsw right now with iTunes, NO 1403 ERROR. I repeat please do exactly as I said in my previous post and you SHOULD NOT receive error 1403. Moderators please sticky this thread.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I am now the proud owner of a jailbroken ipod touch. I will write a very detailed tutorial on how to do this and post it here as a new thread.