Error (1)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by joeyhbaby, Feb 3, 2008.

1. joeyhbaby

joeyhbaby New Member

I've been trying to help people with their ipods for a couple of days, and alot of them, when downgrading from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 seem to be getting the Error (1) on itunes. I tell them to put their ipod into restore/firmware update mode, but they still seem to be getting this error. any ideas?
  2. joeyhbaby

joeyhbaby New Member

please someone. seriously. do any of you know what this means??
  3. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

4. joeyhbaby

joeyhbaby New Member

yep. thats how i was showing them how to do it. and they still get this message. any other ideas?
  5. nightfall

nightfall New Member

Can you describe the actual process that they went through? This will help.

As in thoroughly.
  6. joeyhbaby

joeyhbaby New Member

yea sure. i typed it out like this.

1. Make sure you are running 1.1.3 firmware.

2. Make sure your iPod is connected to the computer. Not in any sort of restore mode just yet.

3. Hold Power and Home to put it in to a Firmware downgrade. When the iPod disappears from your computer release the power button, when it reappears release the home button.
    Note: if you are having trouble getting your iPod to reappear release the home button as well.

4. When your iPod reconnects, go into your iPod, hold Shift on your keyboard, and click Restore.

5. Look for the iTunes firmware that you just downloaded, click it, and click Open. Your iPod is now underway to become 1.1.1 Firmware!!

6. When the restore is finally fininished, your iPod will be running the 1.1.1 Firmware!!
  7. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Also note the for some odd reason this will not work if your iPod is not showing its home screen prior to initializing DFU mode.

Release the power button as soon as the iPod icon disappears from iTunes. Release the Home Button as soon as the icon reappears. Your screen will most likely be black. It will remain blank until after you start the Restore* process.

*For best results, restore to firmware 1.1.1.