Error 1 With Downgrade? Problem solved.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by darkchicken50, Nov 14, 2007.

1. darkchicken50

darkchicken50 Member

If you are getting an error message when you try to downgrade with a firmware file you downloaded, and your iPod then goes into recovery mode, and you are sure its in a .ipsw file i may have just solved your problem

Please Register or Log in to view images

What happens is when you download the file your mac auto-unzips it and saves it as a folder, im sure you have noticed this. Most people will tell you to rezip it with right click then Archive (or compress on leopard) - this is where you went wrong, Here is what you need to do;

OPEN THE FOLDER
    SELECT EVERYTHING IN THE FOLDER (should be a bunch of files and folders or something)
    RIGHT CLICK ANY (with all highlighted) AND ARCHIVE
    PRESS APPLE+I (brings up Get Info Box)
    CHANGE THE FILE EXTENSION (.zip) TO ".ipsw"
    It will ask you which one to use;
    OBVIOUSLY - TAKE THE .ipsw OPTION!
    YOU ARE NOW READY TO GO INTO iTunes AND OPTION+RESTORE AND LOCATE YOUR FILE!

ENJOY!
  2. beeeen

beeeen New Member

I love you. I've had this problem and I posted it in no joke probably 8 or 9 threads. I'm prett sure this worked. Thank you sooo much.
  3. darkchicken50

darkchicken50 Member

Haha yea, i was trying to DG last night and kept getting that message, so i tried that and bang! I knew straight away this would be a very popular post.

See if the admins will sticky my thread as i'm sure this will help countless people.

I'm very glad to have been able to help you all, as i am a n00b it is an honor to be recognised!

Rock on -- Nik