Error (1), stuck in Restore (ITunes 7.4)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by JYogi, Jan 30, 2008.

1. JYogi

JYogi New Member

OK
    I have been trying to Jailbreak up to 1.1.3 and have had quite a bit of problems.
    I was downgrading to 1.1.1 and even downgraded to ITunes 7.4
    I authorized ITunes and all of that and my ITouch is in restore mode.
    It starts the restore process, I select the 1.1.1 firmware and then
    I get a error message telling me the IPod "IPod" cant be restored unknown
    Error (1)

????

I have tried deleting everything to do with ITunes and the ITouch and starting over.
    I have tired rebooting my system, other USB ports and as I said I even went down to ITunes 7.4 as that is what lots of the messages said I should do but still no luck...

I am seconds away from just upgrading to the newest ITunes and seeing if it will restore me to 1.1.3, just buying the App pack and waiting to see what happens when the Developers pack starts.... I think I will go nut without my FamilyGuy Solitaire and my Not Louis Vuitton background though....

Come on, someone talk me off the edge here. Also, I am on a Mac...
  2. camdman13

camdman13 New Member

I am having the same problem also.
  3. dalliance13

dalliance13 New Member

Mac or windows? Try upgrading to 1.1.3 firmware either though 7.4 or 7.6 and if you can just repeat the process of downgrading to 1.1.1.
  4. camdman13

camdman13 New Member

Windows.
    I am on the 1.1.3 firmware and I get that error message when trying to downgrade to 1.1.2 or 1.1.1.
  5. dalliance13

dalliance13 New Member

I am on a Mac so I may not be able to help much. Have you tried to simply restore 1.1.3?

I had the same error message and only was able to get out of it by restoring to 1.1.3, removing itunes and all associated files, changing to a lower version of itunes and then restoring to 1.1.1.
  6. JYogi

JYogi New Member

I am on a Mac.

I am still using ITunes 7.4
    Tried to restore again and use
    the current software, got error 1604

Im gonna try to reboot now...
    If that doesnt work I will upgrade ITunes to
    the newest version. If I have to do that I think
    I am just sticking with 1.1.3 and buying the apps.
    I have had NOTHING but trouble trying to JB the past
    few days and I am starting to think Apple is
    doing something....
  7. JYogi

JYogi New Member

OK
    Only thing that would work was upgrading to the newest ITunes and
    then restoring to the newest firmware...

I think Apple is messing with the programing or something as I have had
    NOTHING but problems with all JB's other then 1.1.1. I have also had nothing
    but trouble when trying to restore the ITouch if not using the most current
    version of ITunes and upgrading to the newest ITouch firmware.

As I said I think I am gonna call it a day and stay at 1.1.3 and buy the new Apps
    I just hate the I wont have Solitaire with the family guy theme and my NotLouisVuitton springboard theme.
  8. dalliance13

dalliance13 New Member

Did you check the iTunes section of these forums? I made a post detailing how to remove absolutely everything iTunes related from OSX. The important thing is to remove not just the iTunes stuff but the mobiledevice stuff as well. Then install 7.5 from mac.oldapps.com. Then you should be able to downgrade to 1.1.1 firmware and being jailbreaking again. Had the same problem as you and this worked for me.
  9. radman2006

radman2006 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi everyone,

I'm a mac user, running Mac OS X 10.4.11 on a 17" 2GHz PowerPC G5 Imac with 1GB DDR SDRAM.

I had similar problem when trying to Restore my iPodTouch (either to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2) an error keep popping up. Search the internet and nothing worked. Until I searched this Forum and found this - Originally Posted by Willrob - http://www.ifans.com/forums/...010#post246010

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Originally Posted by Willrob -
    I finally got back to 1.1.1. Too tired now to go through jailbreaking my way back to 1.1.3.

Here's what I was doing wrong. I kept reading the same directions over and over and getting the error message. Then I read another description of the process and noticed that I was failing to do it exactly as spelled out. Perhaps all the methods have been saying this and I was too tired to notice what makes them unique. So here's what worked for me.

Connect to iTunes (I used 7.6) and make sure device mounts
    Remain on Home screen
    Press both Power Button and Home button until iPod unmounts, at which point you release the power button but keep pressing the Home button.
    When the iPod remounts in iTunes, release the Home button. You should now get a message saying you need to restore.
    Hold down option (shift on a PC) key and navigate to the 1.1.1 firmware on your desktop.
    Wait for the process to complete. Smile.

The trick is the button release timing.

My next step is to jailbreak 1.1.1 and then progress from there to jailbroken 1.1.3
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

The method above worked for me. I used iTunes 7.4.2

Enjoy.
  10. vr6ey423

vr6ey423 New Member

OMG!!!! thank you so much!!