Error (1) HELP PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by rj_itouch_you, Jan 22, 2008.

1. rj_itouch_you

rj_itouch_you New Member

Alright, I followed all the instructions to downgrade my iPod Touch. I put it into "recovery mode" and plugged it back into my computer. I clicked "OK" in the window that pops up saying that your iPod is in "recovery mode" blah blah blah... I downloaded the firmware for 1.1.1. I held down "option" and clicked on "restore". I selected the Firmware 1.1.1. The encoding gets done, but then an error window comes up and says, "The iPod "iPod" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1)" WHAT DOES THIS MEEN!!!???
  2. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

unfortunately that is a common problem
    first do a normal restore back to 1.1.3. (all you have to do is click restore and itunes will download the firmware)
    then try again but this time don't put into recovery mode like you usually would, do it the way this guide explains http://rupertgee.wordpress.com/2008/01/17/worlds-easiest-113-to-111-downgrade/

if that doesn't work you may need to try again on a different computer

also make sure youre itunes in on 7.5 or 7.6, 7.5 is recomended
  3. kappatango

kappatango New Member

It can also mean that the 1.1.1 ( or 1.1.2 ) firmware you have downloaded is the iPHONE and not the iPod Touch.

I have PM'd you a link for all the ipod firmware

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. joshua_davis18

joshua_davis18 New Member

ive had that problem many times...what i do. Everytime i get the eroor just unplug your ipod, turn it off, then plug it back and turn it on. and when you go to upgrade to 1.1.2 do the same thing. I have restored A LOT and havent had a problem since. Hope this helps
  5. rj_itouch_you

rj_itouch_you New Member

Alright thanks.. I'll give that guide a try

Thanks a lot for the PM! Greatly appreciated!!

Alright thank you.. I'll give this a try also!

Just one question to any of you.... does it matter what version I'm trying to downgrade from and to?? For example, I have 1.1.3 and I'm trying to get back down to 1.1.1. Would it be any easier to try go from 1.1.3 o 1.1.2 and then from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1????

Thanks again to all of you !!!
  6. tsice19

tsice19 New Member

That'd be really funny if you could install the iPhone firmware on the touch....
  7. rj_itouch_you

rj_itouch_you New Member

It would be... I'd deffinatly laugh out loud... HAHAHAH!!
  8. joshua_davis18

joshua_davis18 New Member

i think it would be easiest to downgrade from 1.1.3 straight to 1.1.1. Ive had no problems doing this, as long as i use the tip i posted before. Ive done it plenty of times on my ipod touch and a friends iphone
  9. ronniev23

ronniev23 New Member

ive had the same problem so i just restored my ipod to my 1.1.3 backup which hat the iphone apps
  10. bkram1

bkram1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm not sure if anyone has posted this fix but when I was downgrading for the first time, I was having your problem. What I did was rename 'WTF.s5l8900xall.RELEASE.dfu' to 'a.dfu' vefore doing anything. This file is found in the folder '1.1.3 downgrade' which you get after extracting the .zip file '1.1.3 downgrade'.

Then close iTunes, start up iPhuc or whatever it is called, type 'enterrecovery' press enter. NOW type 'filecopytophone a.dfu' and press enter. Now type 'cmd go'.

Now open up iTunes and click on restore while holding shift if you're on a windows, I'm not sure what it is for mac. Now select the 1.1.1 firmware which you should have downloaded. You can find it at IpodTouchMaster's youtube 1.1.3 downgrade tutorial. Now it should go through the restore proccess.

You're done. If you have any problems post a reply. Hope this helps.

Oh and this is my 1st post

Please Register or Log in to view images

Bkram1