Error 0XE8000025

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Langdon, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Langdon

Langdon New Member

Who else has gotten this error message?

On the Mac side it seems to appear mostly on towers with USB2 PCI cards or to people trying to connect an iPod touch to a computer using USB 1.

I am trying to find a solution to it because it should not happen when the specs meet Apple's requirements for the Touch.

In fact I found that its an issue with iTunes ONLY at the point where it tries to mount the iPod on the device list. On the same computer: if your iPod is in restore mode iTunes has no problems returning it to factory settings or updating it to the newest software. But once it finishes with that and tries to mount it it loses its ability to interface with the Touch giving the 0XE8000025 error.
  2. 1god1king

1god1king New Member

have yoiu tried a different usb port ?

restart mac and try different port
  3. Langdon

Langdon New Member

I have tried all the ports on the USB2 card. I have tried the USB 1 ports on the motherboard. I have removed all the other PCI cards to make sure it wasn't a power issue. And I even reset things through open firmware.
    Of all the Macs I own, mostly towers with PCI USB2 cards, only an iBook G4 that came with USB2 can mount the iPod.

I know what I am doing.

This is a software issue, hence my details about how iTunes can interact with the Touch when its in restore/recovery mode.

My feeling is that iTunes is looking to interact with a specific USB2 chipset before it will allow the iPod to be a sync'able device.

That is why I am looking for a very non-obvious solution to this.
    The error was first noted on iPhones with PCs. Apple's only mention of it is restricted to that situation.
  4. 1god1king

1god1king New Member

gotcha

Please Register or Log in to view images

guess you can tell i am a pc user lol

see what i can find on the web for ya if i find something will post back cool
  5. francisois

francisois New Member

simple fix:

quit itunes
    go to:
    /System/Library/Preferences/

delete the itunes .plist file, restart itunes and go thru the first-run dialog again, then ur touch should be fine