Error 0xE8000001

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jezza25, Dec 18, 2008.

1. jezza25

jezza25 New Member

I have a hp laptop running Vista Ultimate. I am consistently getting the message that I can not connect to Itunes due to error 0XE8000001. I have done everything including reloading itunes, resetting ipod, checking USB drivers etc etc. If I plug my Nano or classic into the computer there are no problems. HELP!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Do you mean the iTunes Store, or iTunes itself?

If its iTunes, my only possible solution may be that you're using the 64-bit version of iTunes and you have the 32-bit version of Windows Vista.
  3. jezza25

jezza25 New Member

I am talking about itunes. I have installed the 64 bit version several times
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I think I may have been confused.

You mean you can't connect an iPod to iTunes?

Try reinstalling Apple Mobile Device Support.
  5. jezza25

jezza25 New Member

That is correct. I cannot connect my itouch to Itunes on my laptop to sync etc. I have uninstalled all programs in the past including apple mobile device support. excuse my ignorance but I thought that that program reloaded when you reinstalled itunes, which I have done several times.
  6. itzker

itzker New Member

Error Code 0xE8000001

Hello everyone with this issue! I was getting this error code on my imac G5 with the ipod touch. I checked that I have all the latest itunes, firmware, etc. Still the error code persisted. In addition to the code being displayed, my ipod touch kept chirping as if it were stuck in an endless do loop. Annoying.

I went to the not so nearby Apple store to discuss the issue with a person at the genius bar who informed me that they have never heard of this issue. I am not sure if anyone at Apple looks at these threads, however, the genius recommended that I should be sure the ipod USB is actually plugged into the computer and not any USB hubs. "The ipod touch is quite sensitive to the amount of power it needs to function" was the explanation. And the amount of power that comes directly out of the computer happens to be more than the distribution of power to various sub-ports.

When I returned to the computer, my cable indeed was plugged into a powered hub. Upon switching the USB connection directly to the computer my ipod and itunes began to communicate and have not stopped.

I hope that this thread will help many of you with this issue and apologize to those using Windows, as I am not sure if your issues are the same. Thanks to all contributers in the spirit of cooperation. Happy New Year to all!