Error 0xE8000001 After I tried to Jailbrake

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Flixz, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Flixz

Flixz Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I tried to Jailbrake my ipod followed all the steps in the video everything worked fine until the end of the jailbrake itunes won't recognize my ipod touch 2g.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL90G6sCkzE

I followed all the steps for this jailbrake and that worked great I made it all the way to the end and everything happened just as was said and it just didn't connect to itunes. Itunes gave me an error saying "Itunes could not connect to the ipod touch because and unknown error occured (0xE8000001)

I tried to use another usb port on the back of my computer and also restarting my computer but still the same error itunes is not recognizing my Ipod touch 2g and giving me that error.

I am using a mac G4, OSX Tiger 10.4.11, ipod touch had version 2.2.1 and I was using the new itunes 8.1

Any Ideas as to what I can do to get this to work?

Thanks Again.
  2. XtrackterX

XtrackterX New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Many people have errors in 8.1, try finding a 8.0 iTunes
  3. alexak93

alexak93 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    simple just get itunes 8.0 back. everything should work fine then
  4. Flixz

Flixz Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ok great, thanks for the advice. I think that may work. Do you know where I can find an earlier version of itunes 8.0 or 8.0.2 for mac. I've looked everywhere and it just leads me back to 8.1 I found a copy of 7.6 but I think that may be too early.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Yes, yes, yes.....woot! woot! I'm finally jailbroken....I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeee. For some reason while I was searching for earlier versions of itunes for a couple of hours my ipod remained connected to my computer and my computer was connected to the internet and out of the blue when I opened my itunes again it recognized it I added it as a new ipod and it still had all my apps and other stuff on my itunes and it did a sync and I am back in business.

Not sure what happened but the tutorial I followed for the mac was very simple and everything seemed to work and now it does. I was using Tiger 10.4.11 if that helps anyone and still using itunes 8.1

Thanks for your replies.