Error 0x8000001???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iTouch_PR_14, Sep 5, 2008.

1. iTouch_PR_14

iTouch_PR_14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I just got my new 8GB Touch. When I turned it on, unlike my previous iPods, it turned on on the screen showing the USB an arrow and the iTunes logo. I tried restarting and it would just bring me back to that screen. Then I restored using the Shift+Restore method and I selected the 1.1.4 I had downloaded some time ago. It restored and when done it took me back to the screen and a window came up on iTunes saying iTunes couldn't connect to the iPod 'iPod' because an unknown error occurred: 0xE8000001. Any suggestions? Thanx in advance.
  2. specialsyco

specialsyco New Member

try a different usb port preferably one directly connected to the comp
  3. chatrang

chatrang New Member

I have a similar problem

I get that error, but only when I am trying to transfer a program I wrote with the SDK. I have tried it both in windows and in Mac, also trying different ports. Any ideas?
  4. piratetom95

piratetom95 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    restore it regularly with itunes, then try the custom fw
  5. iTouch_PR_14

iTouch_PR_14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    OK, so I restored the iPod and it worked fine. Also, has anyone heard of ColorWare? That's the manufacture of my Touch's Metallic Gold back. It looks awesome and its even better being jailbroken. Many friends and people have offered me over $450 for it but its just to awesome to sell.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanx again for your suggestions and help!
  6. VirtualChaos

VirtualChaos New Member

Kay well Im having this same problem. Can someone help me? I have a 2g ipod touch. I jailbreaked, and it worked for a bit, then it says it could not connect, then i unjailbreaked it, and it still wont work, can someone please help me? Can you pm me please about this?
  7. Pyro472

Pyro472 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I get the error on m laptop running Itunes 8.1.1 when i plug my pod in it tells me Itunes can not connect to my ipod because an unknown error occurred (0x8000001) but on my desktop running Itunes 8.0.2.02 it connects fine somebody please help me because i really don"t want to restore my pod.

ps it recogniseses when its in DFU mode.