Erm... provisioning profile. WTF.

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by spoonforknife, Jul 12, 2009.

1. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

So basically, I had my setup going, and while transferring an app I'm building to my iPod, it said that it couldn't put it on my iPod. So I open Organizer, and I try to install my Provisioning Profile. It wouldn't.

So I try it in iTunes.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Any help?
  2. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

Make sure the provisioning profile was made to cooperate with your device(you have registered and selected your device id).
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

It's already been done. I had a setup going. In fact, the provisioning profile is already on my device. It shows up in Preferences under General > Profiles. All of the data also shows up in Organizer for about 5 seconds with a progress bar that says 'Waiting for Device.' When it finishes, it doesn't recognize it as a valid development device and won't allow me to drag a Provisioning Profile to it.
  4. cocotutch

cocotutch Community Development Team Staff Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    It seems that I am not the only one who has been getting this after all, Reboot Device, that seems to work. It was lucky I have a Hackintosh available to do Development on, since the whole Provisioning/Xcode part on my iMac is totally screwed and this seems to be the only computer I can code on

Keep your chin up spoonforknife, its not bad until the computer won't let you develop at all.

If it doesn't work, regenerate a Provisioning Profile from the Portal and delete the current one from your Device, install the new one..I had to do the Certificates too, but i'm hoping you don't.

cocotutch
  5. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I sounds like Xcode doesn't think you've set your device up as a test device. Try, in thus order:
    • unplugging and reconnecting your phone;
    • Rebooting your phone;
    • Killing and restarting Xcode.
    • Rebooting your computer and phone.
    • Recoupling your phone.