eReader - How to load books

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Marksct, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Marksct

Marksct New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Im thinking of upgrading to 2.0, but i like reading books on ebook from installer

i was wondering is there any way of getting books onto the ipod to read them, apart from buying them.
    ie. i have the books on my pc, and i want to load them onto the ipod.

thanks
  2. Freegoo

Freegoo New Member

If your talking about the ereader application from Fictionwise, then currently there isn't a way to do that. The only way to add books is to go to your accounts bookshelf on your iPhone/touch and download them directly to your device.
  3. ElTres

ElTres New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You can use ReaddleDocs, but its 15 bucks...
  4. ence117

ence117 New Member

Check out "Stanza"

It is free and you can transfer books if you have a mac (the software is apparently being made for windows though). If you don't have a mac, they still have a huge catalog of books that you can download straight to your ipod.
  5. Marksct

Marksct New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    now that 2.0 has been jailbroken, is it possible to ssh books into the ipod to read using eReader or Stanza?

thanks
  6. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Actually yes you can probably do this now
  7. sirjonofun

sirjonofun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If anybody figures out how to do this with stanza that would be awesome!!
  8. clownfunk

clownfunk New Member

You can add books to the correct folder fo ereader, they just don't show up in the library. Apparently the next version will have a way to add your own books.

Stanza is a much better app its just a shame that you can't add your own books from windows, only mac.
  9. tomlabamba

tomlabamba New Member

You CAN add your own books to Ereader. Like this:

So I just figured out finally how to add your own books to eReader on your iPhone. No SSH required. Just convert a txt file to a pdb (ebook file format) using one of many small and free programs. Then after creating an account on ereader.com, just go to your bookshelf and look for a button that says something like personal files or something. That is where they let you upload any .pdb file you have on your computer so that it can be then downloaded to your iPhone from the site. The file won't appear in your bookshelf online, but when you log into your bookshelf from your iPhone, you will see the recently uploaded file available to be downloaded to the iphone. What a pleasant surprise when I happened upon this. I have been trying to sftp transfer books all night. Let me know if that helps or if you have questions.
  10. UncleChuckle

UncleChuckle New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You, my friend, are AWESOME! Read this, downloaded Plucker to convert text files and VOILA!

Awesome. Thanks SO much!