"Erase and sync" on another computer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by entgegen, Jan 1, 2008.

1. entgegen

entgegen New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi all. I have a jailbroken iPod Touch, and I've been using it with one computer for a few days now. I'd like to sync it to another computer now, and the only way to do it is if I select the "erase and sync" option that comes up when I try to sync it. The window that comes up says that "erasing and syncing replaces the contents of this iPod with the contents of this iTunes library." That's no big deal, but what I'm wondering is if "erasing and syncing" will un-jailbreak my iPod and delete all my apps. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
  2. linds

linds New Member

Set iTunes to manual sync

and no, it wouldn't delete anything except your videos/music
  3. VViper

VViper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you want to sync more than one iTunes account then just select "manual sync" the drag and drop the songs onto your iPod on the Devices section. Then you can have both account songs on your iPod.

There is a 3d Party App which allows you to sync with two computers. Just look in your installer. Its made by Ste, but I'll check what the app is called. It basically creates two iTunes accounts on your iPod Touch and you just click the app on your iPod to switch between the two accounts songs. Means you don't need to worry about manual syncing.

Edit: The app is called SwapTunes and its in Utilities. Very handy.
  4. skuller972

skuller972 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    how do you use swaptunes? i downloaded it and from what i can tell it just swaps your library with one thats in the app. but when i try and sync it it says error: file not found unable to sync ipod