Epocrates / Medical Software

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by eshdaddy, Dec 18, 2007.

1. eshdaddy

eshdaddy New Member

Hey guys, this is my first post on this site, which I have to say is awesome. Ive been reading this for awhile now and been trying to see if there is anything about medical software. Im in Medical school, and a lot of the students & doctors use their PDAs to access programs like epocrates, that have tons of medical information that can be looked up quickly and when needed. This along with drug information and dosage programs ect. are all found for PDAs (Windows mobile, blackberry ect). I do know that the program developers for these aforementioned programs said that they will not make an iphone/ipod touch version because it is a closed system. Im guessing they wont make a 3rd party program to install into hacked iphone/ipod touches either. I wanted to know, If there was anyone out there that could develop a 3rd party program to incorporate the same kind of information, or a port to the ipod touch so that I could install it onto my jailbroken touch. Thanks again for any responses.
  2. szurinaga

szurinaga New Member

you could always go to webmd.com on your mobile browser, but i dont think that would satisfy what you want hahahahahaha
  3. eshdaddy

eshdaddy New Member

Ya...they have the online versions of the programs, but you have it would be so much easier to have an actual program incase that there is no wireless connection in the hospital. If anyone could give me any answers that would be great. Thanx
  4. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    you can make any text you have into an ebook or a pdf and be able to get it on your ipod, but there wouldnt really be a search feature or whatnot.