iOS 4.0 Epic idea for jailbreak

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ihavebeenwaiting, Sep 4, 2010.

1. ihavebeenwaiting

ihavebeenwaiting New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I was just browsing the forums here after joining and had the best idea ever? not sure if it will work though just an idea. what is instead of making a jailbreak to exploit devices but instead exploit iTunes to install the software like Cydia onto it instead of say Redsn0w or something?

It does kind of make sense because if the servers trhat connect iTunes to the apple store/ app store were to be instead redirected to sauriks server and then have Cydia synced onto the device with/ without internet connection?

would this work???
  2. musa92k

musa92k Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    DAMN!!!
    you didnt just think outside of the box, your tore that box up...
    Im no iphone dev so we will have to leave it to the pros to figure it out but everyone will now know that it was ihavebeenwaiting that came up with this idea. Good Job
  3. eldavo

eldavo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    no.
    Jailbreaking isn't installing cydia, Jailbreaking is allowing root access to the whole filesystem.

and plus to install cydia without having root access to the file system you would need [POPCORN] installed beforehand which requires jailbreaking.
  4. bigjzoo

bigjzoo Banned

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    You can create a custom IPSW (firmware) and shift-restore through iTunes but I doubt this will work.
  5. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

wow thats a good idea
  6. ajgardemal

ajgardemal Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    (cheesy commercial)NOT JUST A GOOD IDEA A GREAT IDEA!!
  7. i.think.different

i.think.different Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm sure someone will tell you why that is a bad idea shortly/
  8. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm just gonna put this simply.

It wouldn't work.

Installing cydia on the device is the last thing a developer does when developing the exploit. A sh*t load of work goes into it, its not just installing cydia. A jailbreak is not 'a device with cydia', its a device with full read/write access.
  9. amandureja

amandureja New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This is not going to work. Why? Simple. Cydia is just a package manager, and pretty much has nothing to do with the actual jailbreaking itself. Basically, jailbreaking is allowing root access to the filesystem, for unaproved apps to install. This is why cydia apps are located in "/Applications" on the root partition and not "/var/mobile/applications". If Cydia could be synced onto the device, it would still not have root access, and not be able to install apps, because all app store apps and synced apps work within their own sandbox (the limits apple gave them with how they access the filesystem). When the dev team or any jailbreak developer think about jailbreaking, Cydia and other package managers are the absoloute last thing which they implement. I hope this give you a better understanding.
  10. ihavebeenwaiting

ihavebeenwaiting New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i know jailbreaking isn't just cydia but root access could be given through an installation of something like afc2ad, ssh? well anyway you could get apps like mxtube, terminal and winterboard? might be worth a try but im not a dev so....? i might pm the dev team and see what they think? this well nd truly might be epic of me?