Epic Help Needed!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Monopato, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Monopato

Monopato New Member

Hey

What started as simply trying to take a pic of a theme I made to show it t some friends turned out to be complete chaos. I was using Screenshot on 1.1.2 jailbroken ipod touch (16gb) perfectly well until Screenshot messed my iPod as it does reportedly. I tried lot's o solutions but i was forced to restore. I got to a clean 1.1.4. I tried jailbreaking that at the cost of losing all my themes and apps. I couldn't and now i just want to go back to a jailbroken 1.1.2 so i can use the backup i made of my apps and files.

I followed everystep i found till getting a clean 1.1.1 through restore via Forced DFU Mode. Perfect until there, cuz when i try to jailbreak through www.jailbreakme.com, safari closes as usual but after that nothing happens, my ipod wont load anything and wont jailbreak.

I've heard there's a .bat to jailbreak your 1.1.1 using your PC, but i've been unable to find a link to it. And my second problem is that if I manage to get my 1.1.1 jailbroken, I'm not able to download the 1.1.2 jailbreak made by the dev team, since the link in it's thread is death.

Can someone reupload it, and tell me how to succesfully jailbreak my 1.1.1?

Any Help Apreciated
    Regards, Monopato.

BTW: Im running on Wifi, not EDGE.
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Epic help is on the way!

I recently took a trip down memory lane and at one point I was jialbreaking 1.1.1. I noticed the same thing you described: You clicked Install Appsnap, Safari crashed, but no onscreen messages or Installer. I simply tried it over a few more times and it finally worked. I don't know what to say, but keep trying jailbreakme.com and perhaps throw in a reboot.
  3. Monopato

Monopato New Member

Thanks, guess i'll keep trying, but so far ain't working. =/
  4. KingOfWar

KingOfWar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the same thing and I did what hellrider did. Just restart your ipod and try it a couple of times. MAKE sure you hit the restore button for 1.1.1 becouse I accidently clicked my 1.1.2 firmware before and it was a pain lol. Good luck.
  5. Virtualball

Virtualball Well-Known Member

Jailbreakme.com has ALWAYS had that problem. You need to try it a few times... My old trick would be right after I click "jailbreak" I'd hold onto the webpage with my finger and then it would crash and work. I dunno if that still works, that was in October

Please Register or Log in to view images

Good luck!
  6. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  7. Monopato

Monopato New Member

Didn't work

Please Register or Log in to view images

Guess i'll keep trying

Didn't find anything there, and it's for the iPhone >.<

Anyone got any ideas, or should I just keep trying Jailbreak.com? Isn't there any Windows aplication to jailbreak 1.1.1?
  8. Monopato

Monopato New Member

up! bump! sorry!