iOS 4.0 Entering DFU Mode

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Drewza1243, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Drewza1243

Drewza1243 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    OK, I have recently (since the Redsn0w jailbreak for iOS 4) noticed that tonnes of people are struggling to enter DFU Mode on their iDevices. I also have trouble but now use a quick and easy solution. To enter DFU Mode this way you must have the volume on your computer turned on.

NOTE: Read the instructions before following them, it will make entering DFU Mode ALOT EASIER!

Plug your iDevice into your computer, make sure it is turned on. Now hold down the Power Button and the Home Button at the same time, once the computer makes the sound when a USB is unplugged release the Power Button but CONTINUE TO HOLD DOWN THE HOME BUTTON. Once you hear the sound when a USB is plugged in release the Home Button and you're done!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Quick and simple!

2. gibbo0789

gibbo0789 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  3. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  4. barry borris

barry borris New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I still think the Pwnage Tool method is the best: plug in your iDevice, open iTunes THEN turn off your iDevice. Hold down power and home for 10 seconds then release power but continue holding home until iTunes tells you it has detected an iDevice in recovery mode. If you get this popup when your screen is black, you know you're in DFU mode

Easy peasy

5. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I always use this method, and it never fails.

Plug it in to your computer and turn it off.

Hold the power button for 5 seconds.

Hold both the power and home buttons for 10 seconds. Remember, you haven't let go of the power button yet.

NOW let go of the power button and keep holding the home button until iTunes recognizes it. The screen will be black, while iTunes will say you are in Recovery Mode.