Enough with "jailbreaked". Emancipate. Liberate!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by XXP, Jul 18, 2008.

?

Is your iPod Jailbreaked or is it Liberated?

1. LIBERATED - Vive l'iPod!

42.1%
  2. Jailbreaked, jailbroken, housebroken, paper trained.

42.1%
  3. It would be liberated, but Massa Jobs tol' me it was evil.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. It would be jailbreaked but Warden Jobs threatened to brick me into a solitary deadzone.

5.3%
  5. I don't care; I freak when people speak to me.

10.5%
  1. XXP

XXP New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I know it's a nit but this term "jailbreak" is bugging me. My iPod is not a criminal. It hasn't been in prison. And I've done nothing illegal -- like break it out of jail -- to use it the way I want to.

I just posted a rant at my blog about this because it's actually making me nuts. Seems like we let the Apple powers continue to oppress even after we've broken free of their virutal chains.

My iPod hasn't been "jailbreaked" or "jailbroken" -- those aren't even words! My iPod has been Liberated from the Apple bondage.

Liberated!

Pass it on.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Libérer l'iPod Touch! Ne pas "Jailbreak".
  2. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Stop advetising your blog. Reported.
  3. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I like your train of though here.

VIVA LA LIBERATION REVELATION!
  4. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    facepalm this is wiki's definition of jailbreaking
  5. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

Does it matter? Your no better then all those idiots who freak when you say iTouch.
  6. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Good call...
    What kind of a stupid remark is that? there's a reason people don't like their devices being called iTouches, Apple named it the iPod Touch for a reason.
  7. XXP

XXP New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What's a no better?

It's an opinion about the expression "jailbreak" and how it's used. It matters because its about a word and those are essential to our ability to meaningfully communicate with each other. If words get used improperly then our, or your, ideas cannot be shared and understood.

I hope that answers your question, "does it matter." Yes; to me it does matter.

As to the remainder of your comment,
    it is arcane and confused but let me try to respond.

First, thanks for your concern about my "no better" but, sorry to say, I don't own one. I don't even know what a no better is.

Apparently a no better is a clock or some other sort of time measuring or time manipulating device. Still not clear on what it is or what it does.

Ah! A no better is an idiot's time transport device! But if an idiot truly is an idiot then what would they care about time travel? If anybody is into the here-and-now it's an idiot, as I'm sure that you are aware. (Or, as you might say, "your aware"; but then we'd have to get into the question of what is an "aware" and I'm quite certain that you don't have one of those.)

I defer to your expertise.

Well actually I tend to say "'Pod" or "Touch" as in "I love my 'Pod" or "Don't touch my Touch." Apparently Apple is displeased by these but, as dim as they have behaved about this thing, I don't think you can call it "freaking" nor them "freaks". As for others freaking about it, well I only see you commenting about it. 'nuff said.

Now about that Wiki citation..... (facepalm!)
  8. coolcosmos

coolcosmos New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

This isn't french

Please Register or Log in to view images

In french, you would have wrote :

Libérez l'iPod Touch! Ne "Jaibreakez" pas.

Because, it's a z instead of a r, because you are talking to a lot of people same thing with jailbreak, it's a verb to a lot of people, so it need "ez" at the and, and with a negative sentence, the verb is surrounded by the negative word. In this sentence, because it's a negative sentence, "ne" mean "do" and "pas" mean "not" but in french, not(pas) got to be after the verb.
  9. Virtualball

Virtualball Well-Known Member

As stated, the term "jail" is used to describe the sandbox environment we are stuck in. You have mental problems if that term affects you...
  10. Kevdanclay

Kevdanclay Banned

are you ok in the head? lol