Enough ads, we get the point.

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by skyline_-, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skyline_-

skyline_- New Member

Hi bgizzle - Your always saying you want to keep the site as fast as possible with a easy interface. But for real, whats up with all these ads? I understand you want money.. For a suggestion make these ads only visable to guests, treat your members to something.

Thanks bud.

Im guessing your using a good way to make money by making it as crowded as possible when using your iPod Touch you accidently click the ads every second you get money.
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Here's a thought. servers cost money. A lot of money. You can either look at the ads, or you can pay to browse this site.

Or, you can download adblock plus.
  3. skyline_-

skyline_- New Member

I understand server's cost money. I also realize the server was pretty terrible as of before, I don't know about now since he added a new one.. But still.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I am pretty sure he is making enough of a profit to take away a few annoying ads and the annoying click scheme. And since their is a new server, why can't we use picture signatures? Oh, wait. It'd be better to add more ads instead!
  4. SkylarEC

You can't have pictures in your signatures because bgizzle doesn't want you to. And I agree. Forums that allow those are eyesores.

Also, I don't think you have any idea how much money it costs to run a website of this size. The server gets well over 100 requests per second.
  5. skyline_-

skyline_- New Member

Exactly, he gets enough requests, im sure he makes enough money to pay for the server, and still make a good profit. I'm not saying he should completely take off all the ads, theres easier ways: Making signature ads only viewable to guests. / In return adding another big add for guests when they view a topic. I would think he would make MORE money by doing that, but cut some slack with members of the site!
  6. SkylarEC

Server requests do not equal "hits."
  7. skyline_-

skyline_- New Member

More server requests usually mean more "hits" in most cases. And I didn't mean that directly, I was just going off of what you were saying.
  8. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    look, if you want to pay for access, send me a check and i'll remove the ads for you.

for the other 80,000+ members who like coming here for free, the ads will stay.

thanks
  9. KaeMarie

KaeMarie New Member

bgizzle, laying the smackdown!

lol

Please Register or Log in to view images

I for one, barely notice the adds and they arent an annoyance to me.
  10. skyline_-

skyline_- New Member

Theres other ways of ad schemes you can use, making a greater profit then you are right now, yet giving the members some slack.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.