Enlight me!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by alexr15, Jul 27, 2009.

1. alexr15

alexr15 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i'm not an expert in computers, ipod , game developing or anything but i know what my ipod touch 2g is capable of ( Processor Speed: 533 MHz Onboard RAM: 128 MB* ( and at least 40 mb you can always have (if its not jb) for gaming). and i am very disappointed of most of the games for the touch, thats why i havent bought more than 3. i mean for example i like very much football (soccer) management games, the only ones available are soccer maanger MyFc and championship manager AND ALL OF THEM SUCK . why bothering making them. FA premier league manager 2000 ( a great game in comparisson with any of those 3) i remember playing it on a very poor pc. and it has a 3d match not like those availeble for iphone with a lame comentary.

sistem specs of FAPLM00 Minimum CPU Speed: 166 MHz
    Minimum RAM Required: 32 MB
    Minimum Hard Disk Space: 150 MB
    im sure it could be well optimized to use less resources, and then adapted for iphone/ipod, of course not exactly like the pc version but still ( and just updated the database to 09)... not like those ones.

Also no good rts game yet ( hate warfare) and again i remember warcraft 2 , another epic game wich uses far less resources than ipod touch 2 g has.
    system specs; Pentium 60 MHz, 16MB RAM.

they managed to make sims 3, this one is a great game though but how about sims original ? again with a little optimizing they could have delivered the full sims game for iphone. just like the pc version.
    and so on...

but instead we have those crapy football management games. warfare inc and that game from gameloft that wants to be a rts but no free game mode and that looks just like the mobile version... and dozens of crapy BUT EXPENSIV games.

sorry for my english . i havent studied it too much in school

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  2. iWishfull

iWishfull New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^^ so your saying your disapointed in the games because they could be better? Hmmm. Don't take this the wrong way but I have a question. Do you have any idea how hard it is to program an application, let alone a 3D one? Its not easy! And I think there are plenty of games out that are good and nice graphics (Dexter is coming out soon as well). So yeah games don't take full advantage of the hardware but that's cause it's hard. Maybe someone will one day... Let's just hope so
  3. alexr15

alexr15 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok so its hard but thats their job. they get paid for that . and those games are all ready made. its just like you are paying for cable tv but you use your atenna because they dont deliver any signal throu cable. the ipod/iphone i capable of much more thats why it is so expensive ( at least here) so let us who paid for it enjoy its performance and quality apps ( there are a lot of quality apps and games so dont take me wrong but not us much us they should be, the fact that its hard to be made its no excuse as long as i pay for those app and its hard for me too.)
  4. iWishfull

iWishfull New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    But the people who made the apps don't do it for a living and only get paid if people buy their apps. So what do you mean? The Apple employees or the people who make the games (devs)? The iPod is expensive or the apps?
  5. Dust

Dust New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    a lot of them cant make a living out of making these apps. dont think all they have to do is make an app and watch the money roll in. its not easy programming an app, let alone programming anything. the majority of people dont even know C.
    and thats why the 3G is coming out, with huge performance upgrades.
  6. alexr15

alexr15 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i am not talking about some people who make and game put it on apple store but for bigger companies like gameloft, ea , etc. i expect more from them.
  7. 3gsreviewer

3gsreviewer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Real Racing has excellent graphics for a mobile phone. What more do you expect?

and Gangstar may be GTA for iPhone too

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. alexr15

alexr15 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    real racing its a great game but its racing.. i want games like this for all the genres.
  9. loop4444

loop4444 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    try rise of Lost Emipres,it really really close to old PC RTS games.
    On the other hand i kinda agree with you.They COULD make etc Warcraft1,starcraft 1 and so on on iphone/ipod,and they would run very well,thats also true.but there are soooo many copyright laws,and some of this company would never do game/sell to others to be done on iphone,they are just ment for PC only.
  10. alexr15

alexr15 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lost empires is the game i was talking about. it cant be called rts because it has no free game mode but only some stupid missions. warfare has that mode but its quite a simple game.i never undestood the thing with copywright laws and other stuff, but cmon now warcraft its a very old game they could allow some dev to make the game for iphone.