English-Ukrainian Translator

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by andrewfurb, Feb 15, 2009.

1. andrewfurb

andrewfurb New Member

I am a new iPod Touch owner and I love it. I am an american working in ukraine and would like to find an english-ukrainian translator that is not web dependent. If I am in a wifi hotspot I can use the free Translator, but if not, I am out of luck. I've browsed the AppStore and Googled it but cannot find one that can be downloaded onto the device. anyone know of one?
  2. bohdanz

bohdanz New Member

English-Ukrainian apps I like

I read your post with interest because I recently purchase SPEAK EASY UKRAINIAN, the cheaper of the applications.

I'll preface my comments with the fact that I am fluent in Ukrainian; I'm a first generation Ukrainian American. We didn't even speak English till I entered first grade and were not permitted to talk in English in the house until I was roughly ten years old.

My partner is the best example of why this application works. He's been learning some Ukrainian phrases from my for several years - and found the application very easy to follow.

I agree. I am envious I hadn't thought of this earlier.

By the way, I went back to the application and hit 'introduction' for the very first time (I'd been jumping to the phrases until now.) I expected 'introduction' to tell me who created the application. Instead, I found a great explanation of how each of our Ukrainian letters is pronounced. This has made me realize it's an even better app than I first thought.

I'd try this one.

Bohdan
  3. andrewfurb

andrewfurb New Member

thanks!

Bohdan,

Thanks, that's just what I was looking for. the phonetic and spoken phrase is most helpful.