Endless Failure In Jailbreaking Attempts Since December

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by CheshireMac, Apr 19, 2009.

1. CheshireMac

CheshireMac New Member

Hey folks. I've been trying to JB since I got my 2g touch in December. At first, I wasn't aware that there was no JB for the 2g, then they released the tethered redsn0w, and then the semi-tethered, and now the full beta. I've tried several methods for getting my touch to JB, with no avail. The one shining light I had was the Cydia app icon showing up on my homescreen, but it crashed every time after only showing a blank grey screen. I'd really like to know if I'm doing something wrong or if I just have the one iPod Touch that can't be set free. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. Soutar_3DG

Soutar_3DG Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    do a full restore to 2.2.1 using itunes then use quickpwn redsnow 0.3 beta, it should work if it doesnt then your ipod is strange
  3. rmx rider

rmx rider New Member

well.. I'm not sure, but you might have accidentaly done something wrong there...but it's my personal opinion, I'm still not sure. In my point of view, the probability of the fact that there is a problem is pretty high.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. CheshireMac

CheshireMac New Member

Does it matter which iTunes I have? I keep declining the upgrade to 8.1. Also, in the prompts during jailbreak, it says that I should unplug and replug if it says certain things. I've done so, and I've also refused to do so, and neither way has worked.
  5. rmx rider

rmx rider New Member

The more I look at your posts, the more I'm convinced that there is a problem. I'm sure we can figure it out together! Don't worry!
  6. CheshireMac

CheshireMac New Member

I appreciate the help . . . I'm attempting to do a JB with a factory setting now. I'll get back with progress.
  7. Soutar_3DG

Soutar_3DG Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    update to itunes 8.1.1 doesnt do anything to stop jailbreaking, its best to be up to date, then try what i said do a full restore to 2.2.1 then use redsn0w 0.3
  8. CheshireMac

CheshireMac New Member

Same as the other times. Redsn0w crashes after attempting reboot. This is immediately after the 30 second count to put the iPod in DFU mode. I'm going to reboot the iPod and attempt this again after manually setting DFU mode.
  9. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    um, it doesn't really matter, since you don't even need iTunes to do the jailbreak.
    But I'd upgrade, it doesn't hurt anything.

After you Restore to the non jailbroken 2.2.1 Download QuickPwn. THe link is in my Sig.

And since you kinda jailbroke before, you should know how to put your iPod into DFU Mode.
    So just run the redsn0w.exe that comes in the folder, put your iPod into DFU Mode, and hit enter.
    Your iPod should be jailbroken in as little as 5 minutes, most likely a bit shorter than that.
  10. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It would help if you told us what OS you're running.